How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow me to change countries on my subscription.

1,049 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaqib shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminAzure Billing Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for the post , votes, and comments. We are aware of this limitation and are targeting sometime next year to improve this experience. In the meantime you can sign up for a new account in your desired country and transfer your assets to the new account via Support.

-Azure Billing Team

96 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alexandre Mutel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also stuck with my account that was created when I was living in Japan, now back to France, and I can't change my address or the currency. This is so ridiculous.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Moved from Switzerland to France. Now stuck. I guess a new account will be required.

• Vladimir Bondariuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is 2018 years, but azure billing team can not resolve one of the main issue. It is ridiculous. Create new account and use one account for mail, one account for azure and other account for VS subscription, you are kidding me?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointing experience. Same issue. Stuck with US As country and wouldnt accept my UK credit card and all services stopped!!!!!

Still unable to identify me correctly after 2 years from this as a resident of Australia and requires a UK credit card to permit me to install xbox 360 games for gold on my Xbox one s. Can't do that as I DON'T HAVE A UK CREDIT CARD OR ADDRESS!!!!

• Louis Loizides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's "next year" and this still isn't fixed. Somehow my account got created with the incorrect country. Now I can't do anything with it. I've contacted tech support and they're telling me they can't change it either????

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ouch! I am also caught in this mess. I can't believe that Microsoft hasn't sorted this out yet!

• Ernesto Chaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support wont do it, I have been with them for hours and they keep sending me useless links so I try to do something that obviously doesnt work. Also, since my account domain was assigned to a bizspark program, I am not sure if this will work at all.

It's been 2 years. This is ridiculous.

• Haxxor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just put a valid address in the other country. I had to sign up with a Spanish card but Azure thought we were in the UK, So I just used the Spanish card and put a UK address.
    Worked.

• Viktor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here.

I had a previous subscription, which I canceled. Now it sits there as disabled and locks me to the US location.

Registration does not let me to open a new "pay as you go" Azure subscription, since I cannot present a valid US address for my credit card.

Since Azure subscription is required to buy MSDN subscription I cannot do that either.

They don't let me to pay because of this bug.

What to say??

• Helen Dargie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set up my account in UK but because my team are in Romania it has defaulted and now I am paying 19% more than I should each month because of this ridiculous setting.
    To correct I have to MIGRATE all of my infrastructure for my entire business with an 'unknown' downtime for my customers.
    This is absolutely crazy for a global business!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys please change this config , this is absurd :)
    I moved to another country and now cant use my account ...that needs to be changed I don't want to setup another account every time I moved to another place ....

• Petros Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

God... how ridiculous this is. People move, companies change. The Microsoft team should be ashamed for this.

Why can't I pay with any credit card I want? If I end up having to create a new account, I might as well create a new account to a new cloud company.

• Egon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to start a new trial:

1. Properly selected my country and everything.
    2. Went to verify via mobile
    3. Page timed out
    4. Retried, had to retype the user info, forgot update the country
    5. Now locked into US

I haven't had any subscriptions, yet, so there shouldn't be any problem reverting or changing the country at this point. At least allow this mistake to be corrected.

I logged in today and I was able to give US phone number. But I dont think I will be able to give my US's Address for credit card verification. Because states is a dropdown which depends upon the country selected.

Hi,
    I work in US and currently am in India. The browser detected India as country and I proceeded with phone verification. It worked fine, but there was some problem during credit card verification. So I decided to use my US credit card but I cannot use it without changing my country. But your sign up site does not allow me to go back and change my country. As soon as I login, it simply asks me to do credit card verification, which is what I want to change.
    Kindly allow a feature to make edits if phone verification is done. I have a US phone number as well, and I can do phone verification there as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base