How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow me to change countries on my subscription.

910 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaqib shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminAzure Billing Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for the post , votes, and comments. We are aware of this limitation and are targeting sometime next year to improve this experience. In the meantime you can sign up for a new account in your desired country and transfer your assets to the new account via Support.

-Azure Billing Team

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pedro Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to move my subscription from a French entity to a Portuguese entity...I gained my first gray hairs...MSFT is the only company in the world, that I know of, that does not allow the change of ownership of contracted services...Not sure if this is entirely legal...

• stu mckenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My bizspark subscription expires today, but I can't add a new billing subscription simply because I can't add a phone number - my country is not in the list of countries with phones. Why don't you have Seychelles in your phone list, Seychelles (+248)? Unfortunately I can't receive text messages on my Australian phone number here.

• Simon Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want servers hosted in UK region for performance and billing to be in AU for where our HQ is. Microsoft need to fix this issue.

• Johan Eliasson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

October 2018 checking in...

What's the status of this Microsoft? Because of your technical constraints, we're being charged VAT rates for a country which we no longer is operating from. Microsoft is literally charging more VAT than entitled to, while your customers must handle reimbursements of said VAT. Not to mention the faulty invoice address.

• Rahul Rahul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow.. Cant believe this. I just got started with Microsoft Azure (After having experienced with AWS for 5 years), and straight away facing this location problem. No wonder they are still left behind!
        Funny part is that when I had a chat with a support personnel, they respond as though they are not even aware of this decade long limitations: LOL

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has become quite evident how big of a mistake selecting the wrong country in O365 is particularly when it comes to performance. We have already taken the steps of getting Microsoft to do a 'Go Local' move which has had marginal performance gains for services like Exchange, but on the whole most O365/Azure services end up automatically being hosted in the country you do not want it to be hosted in. We experience end user performance impacts daily for OneDrive/SharePoint, Skype, Teams, AzureAD and Intune. To have O365 perform the way it should would mean to create a new tenant and all the risks involved of doing such a difficult and costly migration. This certainly opens up the option of whether or not it's worth sicking with O365, if a company is going to migrate, it opens up the discussion of "who's cloud should I migrate to?".

• Nathanaël commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing this issue too because I've chosen the wrong country. In the future it's likely to happen that I will move on as well. This is not ok. Resolve this problem quickly. Thank you.

• Morten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely crazy!! We are relocating our company from one country to another and now face this problem! We simply cannot move so many sites and services manually without huge amount of downtown and breaks. And just thinking about all the DNS changes gives me headache.
        And how are we gonna pay for the subscription when our old credit card is not valid anymore???

• Aymen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our customer is a worldwide company and HQ moved from Portugal to Tunisia.
        They are trying to change CSP provider and facing same limitation.
        Even worst, now with Azure, facing same errors "The Offer is not sold in the subscription/account region" deploying Fortinet Marketplace items.
        CSP is very limited and we are facing many problems with it.

• unisur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me manda estee mensaje, como puedo quitarlo
        BadRequest
        Offer with PublisherId: krypc-technologies-pvt-ltd, OfferId: krypccore cannot be purchased due to validation errors. See details for more information.[{"The Offer is not sold in the subscription/account region: MX":"StoreApi"}]

• Alexandre Mutel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also stuck with my account that was created when I was living in Japan, now back to France, and I can't change my address or the currency. This is so ridiculous.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Moved from Switzerland to France. Now stuck. I guess a new account will be required.

• Vladimir Bondariuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is 2018 years, but azure billing team can not resolve one of the main issue. It is ridiculous. Create new account and use one account for mail, one account for azure and other account for VS subscription, you are kidding me?

Very disappointing experience. Same issue. Stuck with US As country and wouldnt accept my UK credit card and all services stopped!!!!!

Still unable to identify me correctly after 2 years from this as a resident of Australia and requires a UK credit card to permit me to install xbox 360 games for gold on my Xbox one s. Can't do that as I DON'T HAVE A UK CREDIT CARD OR ADDRESS!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base