How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow changes to the billing cycle

I signed up for my MSDN azure account mid-way through a month, so now my billing cycle is on odd dates. I want my billing cycle changed to be by calendar month (ie start on the first of each month), but I've been told you can't do that...

189 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Wiltshire Kate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be good to be able to see what time e.g. 11:29 a.m. your plan rolls over, and adjust this also.

• MLHughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be completed? I am working with a Government agency that is going to have multiple subscriptions going against a single contract and they will go bonkers with multiple invoices all with different date ranges

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this implemented. It is odd that my cycle is billed from the 27th to the 26th, but my invoices aren't generated until the 17th of the following month, and the credit card gets charged on the 27th, a full month after the cycle ended.

• Fran Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We manage around 30 subscriptions for customers between AWS, Rackspace and lately more and more in Azure. AWS and Rackspace have a repeatable, easy to understand and consistent billing interval which works fine for this purpose, however we now have 5 subscriptions in Azure and billing on sign-up anniversary date is causing no end of problems.

This feature was requested/highlighted in October 2014, nearly two years ago - is there an update? Or is this a case of won't fix because it suits MS to have their Azure income smoothed throughout the month?

• Adrian von Allmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case it's also a important feature.
    We have several projects we manage and each of them is handled in it's own subscription (to have a better overview for us and also the customer). For our accounting it's always a **** to manage them..

This is especially important if we want to use "pay by invoice".

As for the solution:
    I would guess that for most of us it would be good enough to choose between Start/End of Month. I don't believe, that many companies wish the current state as "preferred standard".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. My billing cycle currently comes out just at the end of the month, which is very inconvenient. 1st of the month would make a lot more sense.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 2015, and Azure is the first of 200+ vendors I've encountered where the date of the billing cycle can't be changed.

• Jimit Dattani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Azure Team,

Are there any updates or expected ETA on this feature as this would / should be an option if not default for a client to align their subscriptions all to a single start date. Calendar month is most logical.

• Arthur Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!!! It's completely stupid, that billing cycle starts on 15 day of each month (in my case) instead of 1 day!

Feedback and Knowledge Base