How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Display date in localized format

All dates displayed within Azure portal and billing sections are in the USA format - mm/dd/yyyy, which is very confusing for non-USA users. Format should ideally be based on user's localisation settings.

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Maciej shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

World population 7.442 Billion. USA population 325.7 million. When will Azure be ready for the other 7.1 Billion?

• han commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear monopolist,
    Would you please consider thinking about some user friendliness for admins outside the USA?
    Please add the possibility to change date/time formats.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 years later and this still isn't available.
    Really Microsoft?
    No wonder Amazon is eating your lunch.

• Vlad Stryapko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any modern web application should choose the format depending on user's settings. That's a shame the portal can't do that.

• Davide de Caires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At a minimum default settings should be:
    - 24 hour clock
    - yyyy mm dd date format

Fully agree with: "Format should ideally be based on user's localisation settings."

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also a plea for this. It is ridiculous that most of the world has to put up with an incorrect format.

• Mike John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I add another plea for this - when we first started using Azure we were told it was due to be fixed - and a year later still waiting. As a UK based Azure Customer the US dates are extremely annoying and open to confusion. Every other Microsoft product I can think of handles international date formats better than this.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please switch the portal to ISO date formats. That will prevent confusion during the change.
    If you switch it to my local settings (DD/MM/YYYY) then it won't be immediately obvious if the dates are still American or local.

Also is there an ETA on this?
    It doesn't seem like the type of thing to take over a year to fix.

• Matthew Cheetham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless you want to offer full customisation or culture specific (which, is often wrong by the way - for example, I'm British but actually prefer ISO-style date formats YYYY-MM-DD and not DD/MM/YYYY) date and time displays, then using an internationally recognised standard format (in the case of dates ->ISO 8601) is always a better experience for a global audience.
    Clearly the 'World Ready' tenet wasn't checked here...

• Crispin Horsfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm used to a 24 hour clock and have to do an (unnecessary) double-take on charts. As an aside I prefer dates in yyyy mm dd format.

Feedback and Knowledge Base