How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow MPN Benefit subscriptions to be owned by Organizational Accounts.

I have all my paid subscriptions owned by my Organizational Account, the Microsoft Partner Network subscription I got for the Azure Benefits from my Action Pack can only be owned by a Microsoft Account at the moment, this makes administration more difficult and I'm unable to open support cases for services on that subscription as the owner is different. It is already possible for MSDN benefits subscriptions so please do the same for MPN benefits subscriptions...

1,898 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gonzalo Parra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

170 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update - we use EA with Azure and in the past have always had to have completely separate accounts for the MPN Azure benefits. Since changing to the new Partner Center we can assign our Azure benefits to an organizational account. It is still a partner benefit and when there are overages they will go on a credit card. As well, we have the $100/mth credit and $6000K/Year as well - we can't assign both to the same account or combine them so we have to set up two separate accounts to use them and it's a hassle.

The ideal will be to simply let us apply these benefits to an existing subscription or, failing that, let us use our EA rates for overages. Of course, the EA program is changing and the EA discounts seem to be going away :(

At the rate this has moved, I expect this will be resolved within three years. I note that the Microsoft employee who was going to go away for a quick check and report back hasn't bene seen since 2017.

• José Ramon Carias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nós desenvolvedores, profissionais e executivos de ti independentes, somos apaixonados pelo o que fazemos , que é levar todas as pessoas a explorarem seu próprio e máximo potencial, por uma internet melhor , mais segura e justa para todos, em uma nova era do trabalho, flexível, digital, sem papel, seguro e em todos os lugares.

• Andrew Liddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow didn't realise this has been ongoing for over a year and no clear way of getting this resolved.

I'm trying to get all my PAYG and MPN subscriptions under one single o365 Account. Currently, they are against a Microsoft account which I cannot add to Azure AD because it has the same domain name (it existed before we setup O365 through NPN).

I don't think we are under an EA agreement but I would like to get this sorted fairly easily. Looking for an easy fix.

We're in exactly the same position as Regan still - this makes for considerable overhead and difficulty and needs to be resolved. It's been well over a year since the last Microsoft comment on this.

• Regan Klemm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have significant Azure benefits available for usage due to being a Gold partner and not being able to activate these on subscriptions under an EA agreement makes these benefits useless to us as all our Azure resources are billed under EA. We do not want to be billing overage to a credit card and should be able to fall back to EA rates once the benefits are consumed.

• Kasper de Waard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just transferred my MPN benefit by following the instructions from Nicholas Hayduk's comment. For which I thank you. It took me a couple of hours e-mailing back and forth with MS. Would be nice if this could be done from the portal.

this is ridiculous 9 pages of comments, 1828 votes and this issues is still going on.
    I had this problem 2 years ago, last year and now again this year.

I am now waiting to have to go through another 3 hour phone call with Microsoft to manually fix it yet again!!

• Bjørn Hasselberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Same experience as below:
    ---I have migrated to the partner membership center with its dashboard. So as of now I am using an organizational account there. My Azure benefits are still assigned to a Microsoft account that I have been using for my Azure subscription. I can't add any Azure benefits to organizational users neither in the Partner Dashboard nor in Azure Portal. I can't transfer my MPN Azure subscription from a Microsoft account to an organizational account but I just get "We are sorry, but we could not complete that operation." ---

Same here. Fix ASAP, it took me hours with MPN and Azure support to find out it is not possible.
    I have migrated to the partner membership center with its dashboard. So as of now I am using an organizational account there. My Azure benefits are still assigned to a Microsoft account that I have been using for my Azure subscription. I can't add any Azure benefits to organizational users neither in the Partner Dashboard nor in Azure Portal. I can't transfer my MPN Azure subscription from a Microsoft account to an organizational account but I just get "We are sorry, but we could not complete that operation."

Same problem. As everyone else. Please fix it you. What a disgrace. We've lost days to this.
    We have microsoft (~personal) accounts on Microsoft Partner Network and when we activated our Azure Monthly credits 100$ (included in our action pack) it got activated on a microsoft (~personal) account instead of my work account. (which has the exact same email). So now we cannot transfer the subscription to the work account. Azure Portal lets us try to transfer to a different email (one of our work accounts) but when we then log on to that work account to finish the process it says something in the likes of 'This account is not linked to a Microsoft Partner Network organization)

• MN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, same issue for selected existing company Office 365 accounts which already have assigned VS license from MPN.

Some people can still working and can login, some of them cannot. Tested with more registered Office 365 domains / accounts.

You can easily check it on login page by inserting email address and try to login. If you are asked for password accounts is working properly (not affected), if not then the user is affected by that issue.

Is there any right way, what to do? Do I need to create MS account and assign license there as workaround? But this is not comfortable for company to manage it.

Thank you for response

facing the same issue, how to i assign MPN MSDN to my organizational work accounts (you cannot create Microsoft account based on work account anymore) so whats the solution here

• Bernd Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all together, we also try to transfer the Azure IUR to our O365 tenant. It is silly to use the O365 benefits in our company account and connect to the Partner Network with a "private" account. Just received a message from Microsoft, that there is a feature request.
    I don't want to set up a complex Azure infrastructure now and have more work transferring it to the right account later.
    So Microsoft: Please hurry!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After going through support and a ton of emails going back and forth, they have informed us that we can't do the transfer because we're on an Enterprise agreement and this is therefore not possible.
    We do have a fairly small spend but being on an EA agreement means we can't transfer the credit and therefore will continue to have to deal with the issue of having separate work and organizational accounts, both of which use the same email addresses - this also makes using TFS online a giant hassle and it's really not feasible.
    We get a $100 monthly credit, which isn't a big deal, but we plan to go for the silver cloud option next year, which comes with a $6000 yearly credit. At that point, it's a big deal and we'll be unable to use it.

This needs to get figured out.

• Dave Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just reporting back, after an hour on the phone MS support resolved the issue for me by getting me to sign up for a $100 subscription on our account as a payed for services e.g. we had to provide a credit card to add it and then changed it there end to make it free to reflect our free credits.

One thing I did notice was when they took me through the visual studio portal to check for an existing subscription there was an option for adding a personal account to my 365 account which I suspect would have done the same thing. I did repeatedly ask the support agent if that wasn't the option we needed but we ended up doing it the way I have detailed above.

• Dave Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding to the now I'm waiting on support to fix this issue..

SR: 118022017674134

Initial communications with support don't seem promising.. Apparently they tried to ring me, then sent me an email detailing how to add the credits which I had already said in the initial ticket I had done...

This seems super common so why isn't this picked up but some process already.

Better still why not fix the underlying issue.. it's been causing issues for years and years now.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing here! Going to try going through Azure support as recommended by others and see how I get on!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks very much guys - it's in process now. Had to go through MPN support, who started the process and then guided me through creating an Azure Support ticket to complete it. We have an enterprise agreement so i guess that creates complications but can be done. I'll update here if and when it is done, for the benefit of anyone else in the same situation.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base