How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

make it easier to delete an account

I Created a free trial which turns out to not suit my requirements and I cannot find where it is that I delete my account.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Ostrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue … can not PURGE or DELETE account from system. This actually is creating another issue where the AD for Azure is conflicting with the AD for Outlook Premium because they both have the same email account. The result is effectively preventing me from using the Outlook application.

• Go fuck yourself commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those whom are having credit cards charged after account cancellation - this is THEFT, and you may therefore call the police and report Microsoft as being thieves. THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW! Report them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to delete in the portal please provide the steps. under subscription could not see any service to disable.

• Ang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still cannot delete my Azure account. I don't want Microsoft to keep my personal info anymore!
    Please make it deleteable.

• Fariborz Payandeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RIPOFF!!!
    I was ripped off as well... they didn't even bother to send me email notifications (like aws does) about billing after they had charged me for two months... meanwhile I had no idea I was being charged for something I wasn't using. I cancelled my subscription and I am still being charged... I wanted to delete my account and it doesn't let me remove my credit card.

I'll never deal with Azure for as long as I live! once I am off the hook.

• Albert Putnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am stuck /without/ a subscription while I was signing up for a free trial.
    There is no subscription to delete.
    Same question. How to delete the /account/ and start over with fresh information.
    And the signup message is always about unknown error or account "not in good standing".
    How can it not be. Just created it today?

• Ram Srinivasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys: Once you create an account, it is difficult to delete that account. I was ripped off my Azure. I tried to cancel several times, bit it would not. Their customer service also sucks. No one would pick up the phone. Beware! Do not use Azure. Go for AWS. It is very cheap, and is very user-friendly. Azure sucks. I was charged $124 for keeping the account docile for a month without any objects running. This is how they rip you off. And now no one answers my questions. It is very pathetic.

• Wendell Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the question that has been asked but not answered here is how to delete the azure account (i.e. all personal info and payment method) ....NOT how to delete the subscription. easy and obvious how to delete sub. impossible to delete account? if a company refuses to give up my credit card and data that is a good enough reason to never do business and i won't, at least where i have a choice. azure you suck (you may or may not be the best infrastructure but it really doesn't matter since an issue like this is corp bs evil). ms you suck. goodbye hopefully forever

• Ajanth K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi

I have payed for 2 subscriptions

1. Pay as u go

2. developer support

I now need to unsubscribe the developer support bcoz i did it by mistake. Plz let me know will they do it

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of these comments have an answer yet: how do we delete our Azure account? I do NOT mean cancel a subscription but I want to delete all my information from Azure including my email and credit card. Because it was a hassle to sign up, i actually have multiple accounts to delete. Thanks anyone who can help!

To the person commenting "Seems people are very impatient these days and tend to explode"...
    You are mistaken. You should try reading before commenting. The issue is that Microsoft is holding onto people's credit card numbers and personal information with no way to remove it. Even if you try to remove your credit cards from the main MS account profile, it will not let you because Azure is holding it as an active reference for your "cancelled" account. This is so abnormal, it borders on absurdity. No, actually, it's completely absurd. There must be a major business incentive or technical back-end design flaw that prevents MS from resolving this issue for over 2 years now. I believe the short term resolution is to contact MS Azure Support so they can manually resolve the conflicts. This messy process does not foster confidence in MS Azure over AWS and other competitors. That was the point.

It's quite easy to cancel subscription.
    Go to https://account.azure.com/subscriptions, click on Free Trial and on right you will find cancel button. Then few more clicks and you're done. I have done it myself just now.

Seems people are very inpatient these days and tend to explode only because there was not enough salad on the burger :-)

• Robert Mee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I was sucked in with an offer of £300 credit to try it out. But I didn't get it.
    So I want to delete my membership, it doesn't seem to be possible to do that.

Hey, I've experienced this kind of bad situation and probably never use Azure services anymore.

if you don't cancel a free trial .Microsoft start to charge your credit card after 60 day later back change. Difficult to find your account to delete

• M Sz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable, the problem is still not solved.

I cant remove my credit card or close my account.

Is this even according to EU law that it is impossible to unlink a credit card and even deleting a account completely. Things like this should be easy and just tells the customer that you aren't believing in your own product, so that's the reason for wanting to delete my account. Will consult a lawyer if this cant be done though personal support!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base