How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Up the core limit on the Azure Free Trial to at least 10 and preferably 16.

You can't create a demo lab or fully evaluate a solution using Azure IaaS
with a limit of 4 cores on the Free subscription.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using AKS cluster using rancher with free trial subscriptions. Trying more than 7 GB takes hours of time to create the cluster but no success. I have wasted my time checking here and there but no mention of free trial limit anywhere.

• Mohsin Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in the same boat as others. My attempt to create an AlwaysOn AG cluster via automatic method failed at the last step due to the 4-core limit on the trial subscription. How can you expect us to purchase something we are not allowed to test first? Please advise.

• Ajay Kulkarni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the community edition of data bricks asks during the sign up process requires for AWS account details/ ARN.

Can anyone help with it ? does it require to have AWS account as well ?

I am signing up for learning purpose for first time.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another "me too" for this. People can not try out any real multi-server scenario with a 4 vCPU limit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one cannot create multi-component testing with just 4 cores. Please consider increasing the limit on the Free subscription. Considering that you have to submit a credit card and you are billed.

• Ørjan Sandland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The limitation of 4 vcores is not visible anywhere until the final stage of a 4+ vcore deployment - which fails. Better information about the trial limitations would be beneficial.
        My application requires testing of either M60 or K80 GPUs, and these are only available with minimum 6 vcores. I don't need 30 days or 200usd processing credits, I just need a few hours with NC6 to compare performance to my current hardware.

• salman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Operation results in exceeding quota limits of Core. Maximum allowed: 4, Current in use: 0, Additional requested: 10.

I am facing the above error while creating alwayson cluster VM using free trial subscription on azure.

please help me on this

Feedback and Knowledge Base