How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Up the core limit on the Azure Free Trial to at least 10 and preferably 16.

You can't create a demo lab or fully evaluate a solution using Azure IaaS
with a limit of 4 cores on the Free subscription.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mohsin Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in the same boat as others. My attempt to create an AlwaysOn AG cluster via automatic method failed at the last step due to the 4-core limit on the trial subscription. How can you expect us to purchase something we are not allowed to test first? Please advise.

• Ajay Kulkarni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the community edition of data bricks asks during the sign up process requires for AWS account details/ ARN.

Can anyone help with it ? does it require to have AWS account as well ?

I am signing up for learning purpose for first time.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another "me too" for this. People can not try out any real multi-server scenario with a 4 vCPU limit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one cannot create multi-component testing with just 4 cores. Please consider increasing the limit on the Free subscription. Considering that you have to submit a credit card and you are billed.

• Ørjan Sandland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The limitation of 4 vcores is not visible anywhere until the final stage of a 4+ vcore deployment - which fails. Better information about the trial limitations would be beneficial.
        My application requires testing of either M60 or K80 GPUs, and these are only available with minimum 6 vcores. I don't need 30 days or 200usd processing credits, I just need a few hours with NC6 to compare performance to my current hardware.

• salman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Operation results in exceeding quota limits of Core. Maximum allowed: 4, Current in use: 0, Additional requested: 10.

I am facing the above error while creating alwayson cluster VM using free trial subscription on azure.

please help me on this

Feedback and Knowledge Base