How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

I have no phone other then VoIP; you don't allow this why?

I am a start-up and have only a VoIP phone, because this isn't allowed I can't try Azure; really? The credit card isn't enough, or is it more about assuring one has money?
Ahh, the "Greed Evil" concept again, **** am I tired of it!

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dark Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah sure you're looking into it. Guess And you wonder why no devs can spend any time learning Azure. Because you're money grubbing, privacy invading (selling our mobile number to anyone/everyone) bastards with no future in cloud computing. I'll stick with Google Cloud and AWS Cloud.

• Eric Varsanyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking into moving some services over from Amazon but can't sign up because our main and desk numbers are 'voip'. Suggestion from support ticket was to order a POTS line. Our credit cards all use the voip numbers so likely they won't be accepted either (if I were ever able to get far enough to enter one). No problem being an MSDN (now VS) subscriber for >10 years, but they clearly don't want folks in more modern companies using Azure.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK
    - you don't allow VOIP phones
    - We have heard nothing from anyone for over a year
    - My company has no copper lines
    - Business policy, we cannot use cell phone numbers for service sign ups

We don't want notifications from you we don't want you to have a number for marketing purposes and there are plenty of ways to verify a company uses a voip system, if you want business now days get over it and allow voip numbers. Surprised no one has legally challenged this action. Seems like a time bomb waiting. Off I go.. goodbye!

• CEO Eyes watching.. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree the modern world is moving toward voip numbers Google for example has Google FI and there is Republic Wireless. Amazon has similar cloud services with Strong login authentication setup was simple as well billing methods and you get one year free.

• Arman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Any updates on this? I still can't use my VOIP numbers to verify my account. Everyone is using VOIP even my cell phone provider is VOIP based.

• Pete d'Oronzio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

K. I put MS, Google and Amazon on my list to try. Only have VOIP phones (phone.com) so I'm off to Google and Amazon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am from Switzerland and used my home phone number. However, it was incorrectly classified as VoIP and not accepted. As a result I am not able to open my account.

• Bjarne Boganovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually plain stupidity by Microsoft - VOIP is replacing POTS worldwide, and Microsoft themselves are selling Skype for Business with the Softphone feature. So how can you sell a concept but not accept an endpoint (i.e. VOIP phone number) from that same concept!!
    Nonsense!

Why do business with a backwards company? There must be modern companies out there that do not require landlines and fax machines, like google, Amazon and plenty of others. In any case, my group will not buy a landline to do business with Microsoft.

• Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF? I don't have any lines that are not VOIP. My phone is google FI. My office has 50 lines, all VOIP. I work for a major league baseball team but we can't sign up for this service.

So it seems no solution. Lets see if Google cloud engine has a better approach to this.

• Noname commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread's a year and one half in now, and it is still not resolved. I suppose I should see this as a sign the service hasn't the capacity to support the potential customers it would enable.

• Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT consultant here trying to setup Azure for my client. But they only have business Vonage and use Google Fi for cell service. Unable to continue setup. Stopped at step 2 'phone verification'.
    VOIP is all they have! Why can't we bypass this and just use CC for verification?
    Going to use Code 42 Crash Plan for backup since I'm unable to setup the account.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same complaint. I am an IT professional and I prefer VOIP. Microsoft's failure to accomodate this very basic IT reality shows that they are not fit to manage other people's IT infrastructure in the cloud. This is why A** controls such an enormous portion of the cloud market -- because they cater to IT professionals. Microsoft does not want your business and doesn't care how you feel about it.

Can't sign up with VOIP??!! AT&T doesn't even sell copper POTS lines anymore. Eliminating a HUGE number of clients!! What are we supposed to do??

Feedback and Knowledge Base