How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Identity verification by credit card section hangs with the progress bar

I was stuck at the step "The Identity Verification By Credit Card".
I see the progress bar moving left and right, but it stays that way forever.
When will this be fixed?

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Clark Choi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re aware of this issue and it’s caused by third-party cookies settings. Please allow third-party cookies in your browser then try again. More information here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing-troubleshoot-azure-sign-up-issues#progress-bar-hangs-in-identity-verification-by-card-section

In the meantime we’re looking into adding better in-UI help and other improvements, stay tuned!

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bart Louwagie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing that this issue just exists. Imagine that this was an enabled company, a startup, would be fixed in minutes.. Micrsofot, I just don't get it sometimes.

• Scott Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not working for me either. Tried enabling 3rd-party cookies. Tried Chrome and Firefox. Nothing works. Will try again tomorrow, then switch to Amazon instead.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You people are absolute idiots. Requiring 3rd party cookies? Morons. No wonder Apple is eating your lunch.

• steve holton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you instead REMOVE THE 3rd PARTY COOKIES!!! We have a firewall/ids/ips (or something) blocking them - it's not me - so I cannot sign-up??? WTF - nobody NEEDS 3rd party cookies (our equipment will alow cookies from your site)

Been stuck like an moron at the stupid progress bar for 30 minutes before I found this thread.

One year later, Azure won't / can't fix the bug, so be it. But Azure could at last have added a note "If you're stuck like a moron at the stupid progress bar, please follow these instructions" on the enrolment page

Shame...Shame...Shame...
    How can a company like Microsoft suffer from such a bug for so long?
    Allowing 3rd-party cookies? Unsafe af...

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I block 3rd party cookies for a reason, may be you need to redirect, get token, and then ask for credit card.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same. June 24, 2018. Does NOT inspire confidence in the rest of your service. AWS it is!

I got around the issue by switching browsers. I signed out of chrome and then signed in using Microsoft edge.

same issue. I am surprised that Microsoft has such a 'loose end' in the beginning of signing up new clients :(

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not working what's up? Been doing this for months don't you like customers?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base