How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

free trial, took money from the credit card nonesense

I was trying to use the free trial for azure. it charged 40 USDthat I created MySQL database. is that mean a free trial
there is no sign in the azure site that, some products are free to try some of them with money charge

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ahmet Burak Turgut shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologize for the unexpected charge. We are working on making it very clear when you will be charged for a service. (especially for non-Microsoft offerings such as MySQL DB, that are allowed to be created through Azure Marketplace) Please open a support ticket to resolve the unexpected charge.

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The credit card may be charged a 1$ fee as a verification hold. This will be returned to your account within 3-5 days.

• ram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why MS charge Rs 71 which it's creating free trial account? initially they said no charge and credit card details will be only for identity verification?...why this?

• Dhaval Parmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Today I have signed up from my test account id and it ask for 1$ charge.

As per website of azure: it says get a free trial account - so it should mean it is free trial then why Microsoft charges 1$ for the trial account of azure?

After seen this charges page, I have declined the transaction.

• Mallik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am also charged for 71 indian ruppies, is that amount will be refunded

• Ennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi why are you charging my account when you say it's FREE? Please revert the transaction.

• Ganesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im activitating free trail for azure but it was charged 2261.81 INR from my credit card without getting otp or information. Please open a support ticket to resolve the unexpected charge.

• Joe Jonggo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup i was charged myr5 for supposedly a 'free' trial. Any chance for me seeing my money again?

Hey, you have no right to take money out of my account. I agreed to add credit card for the trial as long as there is no charge! there is a $2 NZ charge to my account. This amounts to FRAUD!!

• edd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same happened to my, they have listed free services fro 12 moths but in 2 months I have been charged £130. Somehow one of my app was apparently on "Paid" not "free" plan. Unacceptable!

i have also been charged two times 71 and 2 rs while creating azure trial account,why,please explain

• Deepti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am charged Rs71 even if i took free azure subscription. Should I take away my credit card details or it is just one time activity for charging? How can I get back my money Please confirm

• shankar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After creating a free trial and using for one day with just trying to create a vm..deducted 71 rupees from my card..Unfair and no intimation on this with account usage..worst

• Venkata anil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a Azure free account and 71 rupees deducted from my card and did not get refunded.
    After creating it was saying something like azure subscription is not valid for me.
    Please help

• Sandeep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a Azure free account and 71 rupees deducted from my card and did not get refunded.
    After creating it was saying something like azure subscription is not valid for me.
    Please help

• PHPJungle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was charged too during my registration and I was charged twice (10RMB + 10RMB)
    Can I get back my Money?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base