Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. email invoices

Since you don't have a separate role to access invoices without providing privileges to mess up the rest of the system, I suggest you let us define an email address to send invoices to. I need to send invoices to our accounting department. I don't want to provide them access to Azure where they could shut off services accidentally. This would violate my security commitments to our corporate customers.

2,100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    304 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Billing & Usage API

Create a complete billing and usage API so that we can get our usage and cost data throught a simple .NET API call.

1,118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show billing/usage information with EA subscription

We are co-administrators of a subscription which has been converted from Pay-as-you-go to Enterprise Agreement and now we do not see monthly resource costs on the portal. It was very useful for us, because we could keep track of our usage.

1,037 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Granular Billing/Reporting Capabilities Based on Customer-Defined Asset or Metadata Tags

There are needs to deploy resources to a Windows Azure subscription on behalf of various business units. Typically, these resources need to communicate with each other internally over a virtual network, so they cannot be deployed onto different subscriptions.

There are also requirements to be able to report costs back to the corresponding business units in order to do cross charges.

There is therefore a need for being able to do reporting more granular than on a per subscription basis. One should be able to tag each resource or a group of resources and be able to report consumption /…

866 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now do support metadata tags for compute resources. These flow through the usage API and updated usage CSV. These tools would effectively allow you to access usage by tag.

For example you can create a VM using instructions here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cloud_solution_architect/archive/2015/05/05/creating-azure-vms-with-arm-powershell-cmdlets.aspx

Then you can go to: https://portal.azure.com and add tags. These tags will flow through billing usage and will be available to consume via an API and through the usage CSV that can be downloaded in Azure billing/EA portals.

Please submit a new suggestion with any further questions, or elaborate in the comments, we’re happy to discuss further.

5. Add ability to mail bills or a billing administrator account. Office 365 and Azure bills are the most dysfunctional uninformative bills

Microsoft really needs help in designing billing systems. I am sympathetic as in their entire history they never had a reason to bill retail customers. Invvoices generated through an ERP system are not the same thing as service bills tied to usage. Office 365 is terrible, but at least has a way of setting up a billing administrator that can view and download bills. Azure seems to have no parallel. I can't assign rights to just download and view bills to someone in accounting without giving them the ability to modify services. Plus the bills are hard to understand. sometimes…

581 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improvement in the way the billing (csv) is presented

The downloadable csv file with billing information is not useful as it is now.

I have 3 projects on my Azure subscription and I need to know the cost of each of them. As of now it's not possible.

For example, I can see the total cost of "Data Transfer In (GB)", but this not interesting. I need to know the cost of Project A, and Project B.

We should be able to assign "Project" or "Cost Center" to an item, in order to see that clearly in the billing.

I have to spend a lot of time manipulating the…

532 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. REST API for Azure account & subscription creation and management.

My understanding is that currently they only can add/delete Administrators or accounts only via EA portal, and that subscriptions can be managed only via Account portal. But there is a scenario where these operations need to be integrated with outside operation tools and to be automated. To achieve the scenario, REST API for Azure account & subscription management should be supported.

472 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offer a free version for 'Dreamspark' students

As other Microsoft software is available for 'free' for students through the DreamSpark program, why not add a basic Windows Azure plan? It would make it a lot easier for students / educators to learn about Windows Azure and cloud computing, who would otherwise be 'billed for everything'.

375 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 326 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add a Billing role

I need to allow a non-tech person from accounting to access and manipulate the accounts billing.

320 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have “Billing Reader” now docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing/bill..

We’re working on other billing roles too! No clear timelines on those yet.

Also you can get invoices emailed to you now.

-John

11. Provide a way for co-admins to view current charges

Currently a co-admin cannot view the charges a subscription is creating. Only the finance person who setup the Azure account can see the charges throughout the month. If a co-admin does something bad, i.e. create a web-role with 20 instances, they can't catch this before the end of the billing cycle.

It makes sense that only service admins can maintain the financials on the account but it would be useful to let others see the current charges. Right now co-admins have to ask service admins to log in and check the account to make sure something isn't running amok.

307 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. usage statistics

Provide us detailed (realtime) usage statistics about consumption like amazon and google do

The monthly bill is just not sufficient enough

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offer better monetary credit to startups similar to Google's $100K

Currently Azure provides $150 a month in credit through BizSpark. I'm sure Microsoft can top that.

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a dashboard that would show the real time consumption of services.

I have an enterprise agreement, and it is really hard to follow the consumtion of our cloud platform.
    We can export a report from EA portal, then create pivot tables using the price list, but it's not really "cloud friendly"
    I imagine it would be easy to release a real time dashboard, that would show the real time consumption of all the services.

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pay-as-you-go is expensive. Offer bulk bandwidth, bulk storage, bulk CDN, etc. at lower cost

The title speaks for itself. Compared to AWS, Azure lacks bulk offers. Large companies need large volumes of storage and bandwidth. Without cheaper bulk offers, pay-as-you-go rates become very costly.

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Do not charge for stopped (suspended) deployments.

Users do not have the expectation that once the deployment is suspended, it is somehow still on and running. Therefore, there should be no charge. No service is provided by Microsoft when deployments are in the suspended state.

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a method so that a ISV can see how much UL/DL/storage each of their tenants has consumed.

Its great to get a monthly bill telling us what WE owe Microsoft, but how do we then apportion that to all our clients if we are charging them for UL/DL/Table/Blob size? Even if we use a 'fair use' policy how can you measure fair use?. The only way right now is to take all the UL/DL traffic through your web role and count the packets !!! which means many $$$'s more on more web roles to handle the extra load, not to mention the inefficiency of not hitting the storage directly.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. transfer subscription

Provide a story for guaranteed xfer of a hosted service + url prefix from one subscription to another. This allows a project to be started under one subscription / billing relationship and later safely move it to another subscription / billing relationship w/o concern over loosing the associated hosted service url prefix. Redeploying bits after move is fine its about retaining the hosted service url prefix.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to re-enable the spending limit

Currently, when you disable the spending limit, you cannot re-enable it. It would be great if we could set a custom spending limit.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Guy Burstein responded

This is available at the moment and was shipped in October 2013. You can turn off the cap for just one billing period or turn it off indefinitely. We also added the support to turn the cap back on – turning it on will take effect at the beginning of your next billing period

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base