Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow MPN Benefit subscriptions to be owned by Organizational Accounts.

I have all my paid subscriptions owned by my Organizational Account, the Microsoft Partner Network subscription I got for the Azure Benefits from my Action Pack can only be owned by a Microsoft Account at the moment, this makes administration more difficult and I'm unable to open support cases for services on that subscription as the owner is different. It is already possible for MSDN benefits subscriptions so please do the same for MPN benefits subscriptions...

1,905 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    171 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks, sorry for the late update. Some backend changes were made to alleviate this issue but I believe it doesn’t solve it for everyone yet. Let me go get some details and come back with a better update. Thanks!

John

2. Better portal-based visualization of historical usage data, in addition to CSV downloads

The historical CSV downloads are only useful for finding line items. They don't include monthly spending limits (for that type of account), and they make it really hard to do any visualization or trend analysis over arbitrary periods of time. The ideal setup would be to add controls to enable dynamic date range selection on the subscription usage summary page. It would also be great to see some graphs showing the various usage over time...instead of having to make customers roll their own Excel solution.

393 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Guy Burstein responded

We keep updating out pricing rates and models to better align with our customers business needs.

4. Make it possible to transfer an MSDN (BizSpark) benefits subscription from one account to another

When I first created my Azure account and attached the MSDN benefit to it, I used my Windows LiveID. Subsequently, I created a second Azure account using my Organizational login from Office 365 so that we could take advantage of the 365 Azure AD integration. I called support, but they said the benefit cannot be transferred until the new account has been empty for 90 days. Since we're using the new account for production, this is not possible for us. Please address the technical limitation which is causing this situation.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure Price calculator to show EA agreement prices

We find the Azure price calculator very usefull (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/), however it provide the "list" prices and not our own EA discounts. One option is to build our own calculator but I assume that will be a costly development project so the question is: Is there any plan to make the price calculator "tuned" with our coroprate prices. E.g that we can logon with our AzureAD credentials and then get the correct prices?

Or alternative solution, that the export from the price calculator to Excel inlcude the part-number (and service name) so we can do some macro in Excel…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Virtual Machine name in detailed bill

Show each virtual machine from a Cloud Service as its own line within the detailed bill.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it easier to move subscriptions between Admin Accounts in EA portal

The EA management portal is very archaic and confusing.

There needs to be a way to move subscriptions between different accounts because what inevitably happens is as users start testing Azure using their LIVE accounts, and then move to an EA, there are subscriptions that IT depts want to move to real Org accounts. We don't like accounts linked to personal LIVE accounts.

The fact that a user could have a LIVE account and an ORG account with the same login ID is totally confusing.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delay in response. The Azure billing team was recently reorganized with a renewed focus on building the billing experiences customers expect from us. The new team is excited to re-engage with the community and address gaps such as the one you’ve highlighted. This feature should light up fairly soon.

8. It would be EXTREMELY helpful if users could make MANUAL payments. More control over billing would be helpful.

I never know when you will try to charge my card. It always varies, especially when the 1st attempt fails. It would be extremely helpful if there was a way to make a manual payment. This is a feature that many of your competitors offer, do you anticipate improvements? It would really help with our cash flow management.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We have started working on a feature to enable the immediate settling of payments, which I believe lines up with what you are asking for. We don’t have an ETA as of yet, but we will update this space as information comes in.

-Adam
    Azure Billing Team

9. Make 3rd party charges more transparent

I had my Azure account disabled for 15 days, even though I had I had my Azure account disabled for 15 days, even though I had $120+ credits left from my MSDN account. Support was unable to tell me why, only that I had a 3rd party charge on my account and I refused to enable billing to my credit card (I didn't know how much the charge would be). I was unable to see any charges in my uses or in my market place.

Escalated Support found that I had Linux Support L SLES Premium VM Support Hours of…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an issue we are very aware of and are taking steps to address. We are working to make sure that these types of resources will not be available to those who are only using free credits. That way you won’t be disabled, or charged unless you choose to be.

10. Display total fee

Display total fee for some service that require additional service to be created. SharePoint farm for example, is requiring an SQL server, etc. Which all have different pricing. At the end of the creation, before submitting the creation. Show the total fee.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Speed up the Azure Accounting Website

It's about time you fix this, literally every single page request takes on average 10-15 seconds to load, every single time I visit the accounting portal I waste valuable time waiting on pages to load.

https://medium.com/@efroim102/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-why-i-still-hate-you-12b299932b0b#.3b2iscuta

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We are doing two things to address this issue. We are addressing the performance directly by refactoring much of the legacy code on that portal. On top of that, we are moving much of the functionality of that portal to portal.azure.com with the eventual goal of having a single unified portal and deprecating the slow portal entirely.

Adam

Azure Signup and Billing Team

12. Invoice not so CLEAR (difficult to register)

The INVOICE from Microsoft is too bad to understand from Brasilians’ legal rules.
    The Microsoft’s Invoice has the problems:
    1) The number of invoice has letters and numbers. Here in Brazil the system that we used to register this document only accept numbers (letters are not allowed);
    2) The invoice convert US dollars in 'Reais' (Brazilian currency) and don’t show inside the document which the value in dollars that the service was provided: We need of the value in dollar because we need register in websites to declaration our purchase services abroad (equivalent to Internal Revenue Service).
    3) The date…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't Trap Cancelled Accounts on Expired Credit Cards

Currently -April 5th 2014-

When the credit card on file expires and the Azure Account is Cancelled you currently have zero options besides contacting support to remedy the situation.

I could not update my expiration date because the link was disabled in the account portal

I could not change my payment method, as that link was disabled as well.

You have several circular instructions and dead links that don't reach a valid conclusion.

**dead link example
    http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/store-payment-change-message/

You are completely missing an Azure option in one of your account user interfaces. *attached example

Please review your cancelled account user experience…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for how long it has taken us to respond. The Azure Billing team was reorganized recently. The new team is focused on understanding and fixing current issues, and engaging with the community.

What you suggest makes a lot of sense and it’s a priority for us to make it easy for customers to re-enable a disabled subscription.

We’ll also fix the broken links. Thanks for your feedback!

14. Payment Azure

If the monthly payment with card fails multiple time, Microsoft need to change the processe, to ensure that the owner of the site is aware of this by an phone call or text messsage, that needs to be confirmed, before Microsoft starts to deleting data of the site!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback- we are working on improved notification mechanisms for this scenario. Unfortunately I don’t have a delivery date yet, but we’ve heard this feedback from several customers and this is a high priority item for us.

My sincere apologies for how long this post has gone unanswered. The Azure billing team has undergone a transformation to ship features faster and improve our responsiveness to our customers. The new team is excited to re-engage with the community and deliver the features you need for a consistent and reliable cloud billing experience.

15. VAT ID

Your VAT ID field fails to accept valid UK VAT IDs, and instead returns the bug "Please enter a valid VAT ID". UK VAT IDs are 9 numbers.

Our company VAT ID is 141395325 for troubleshooting.

Look here for a list of valid VAT ID formats:

https://www.vatlive.com/eu-vat-rules/eu-vat-number-registration/eu-vat-number-formats/

We cannot sign up to this service until it accepts a VAT ID, nor can we recommend it to any of our clients until this is fixed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. My payment info expired -- the preview portal gives several notifications but no easy links to update it

I'd like to give correct payment information, but am having to search for it--give me links to keep payments flowing more easily!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cant find payment instructions and billing history

When I login I see this notification "For your subscription Free Trial, the subscription is missing payments. Make sure that you are using a valid credit card or invoice to pay for this subscription." However, there is no link which where credit card info needs to be updated and I couldnt find it any where. When I click "Billing" tab it shows "Not available" under Payment Instrument but doesnt tell where to provide the same.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We’re in the process of updating our notifications so that you have the information you need to take appropriate action. We hope to be able to roll out these change shortly.

18. On credit card failure, allow us to mark it as 'safe to try again' or manually make the payment that didn't go through.

I've twice had a situation where our credit card was not topped up in time and therefore automatic payment failed which resulted in anxiety that our service would be cancelled.

I could have logged in and made a manual payment to make that anxiety go away! But instead I had to 'wait and see' if azure would charge our credit card again, or optionally change to a new credit card (which we didn't have so I ended up using my personal card).

The UX could be a lot better from a billing point of view! And believe me the first…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started on working on ability to immediately settle outstanding balances. The contact on the subscription is notified if we are not able to charge the payment method on the subscription.
    -Vikram
    Azure Billing Team

19. A billing tile within the new azure portal

Hey guys,

since some days we are paying by bill, due this it is a bit complicated to get the last bills as pdf (if you go into your account and navigate there its fine) and one more important thing to see if there is any unpaid bill. Thats all things, i believe you have already within your databases but not visible yet.
    Would be great if you could create something like this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We do have the ability to download your invoice – go to Subscriptions → select your subscription→ click on History→ select the period → click on Invoice. We’re also planning to add payment history which will indicate the status of an invoice.

20. Make your payment details VERY clear and accessible.

Make your payment details VERY clear and accessible.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories