Signup and Billing

How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As a dreamspark student, I am only able to access web app, I want to be able to fully test out azure before paying a subscription. Thaks

I really do want to be able to try wordpress or even directly write the HTML and CSS, but as being in the dream spark subscription I have no access to anything.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow DPO, AP as a valid address when inputing credit card info.

upon creating the account the system doesn't think my address is correct even though it is.
    Test it you will see. Create an account with a DPO address and watch it fail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Require authentication (confirmation)

- Require mobile / email authentication (confirmation) when trying to create non-free services or upgrading/downgrading already existing services
    - Require mobile / email authentication (confirmation) when trying to delete services

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change Partner of Record to be per subscription

At large corporations, usually there are multiple partners who are heavily involved with different pieces of Azure deployments or projects. In that case, who gets to the "the" partner of record?

It would be helpful if Partner of Record was marked at the subscription level and any subscription admin could mark it in the Azure Portal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow partners to provide an Azure Trial for prospective clients

You allow for Trials direct from Microsoft but you do not allow partners to host a trial like you do with O365. Why not???

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quick "support us" page for donations towards an Azure account

Provide a simple "Donate Now" page for Azure accounts (or only specific account services) that shows:
    --Current Account Balance
    --Estimated Current Monthly Charge
    --Form for donating via credit card towards the account's balance

This would be a huge boon for non-profits and community supported projects. For example, azure-websites could have a "Keep this site alive" link... or server-dependent indie games could direct users to a "Keep the servers up" page...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. by giving 2 month free trail period.

Microsoft should give 2 month free trial periods.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot change payment method for new subscription

Where:

account.windowsazure.com

Trail:

New Subscription -> Pay-As-You-Go -> Payment Information -> Change payment method

The page shows some old credit card, which I want to change, but the progress bar just seems to be never ending.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to manage multiple subscriptions for different legal entities using one MS account.

It would be helpful to associate Billing Address with a subscription and use the same MS account to manage them. So that I can manage multiple subscriptions for multiple companies using the same MS account. Forcing people into multiple accounts is a bad security practice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The Azure billing team is always looking to improve the user experience. In order for us to properly evaluate this ask, would you mind elaborating a little upon you request?

You should already be able to manage multiple subscriptions under the same MS Account. Are you asking for some sort of consolidated billing between those subscriptions?

Thanks for clarifying,

-Adam
    Azure Billing Team

11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include a Pricing Calculator in the new portal and allow me to save, reference and tweak them on the fly.

I can use the Pricing Calculator and save a quote to an Excel file, but I would like to be able to save a quote online, go back to it and make changes on the fly. Even better, include this tool in the portal so that it can automatically reference my subscription and the associated pricing structure.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notify before attempting to charge our account

We customers keep provision for payment once invoice/bill is raised. However we noticed you attempt to charge at a later date. In that case please notify in 24-hour advance about your charging schedule.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link For a Billing Proposal Screen

The idea is to get an Billing proposal screen on dashboard to get the Price quote For the resources we are going to use .
    For EX: currently azure cost displayed when we go to add the resource like a VM or a sql server or create a site . we don't have any option to know what will tell what will be monthly billing if i go for a VM/SQL server/App pool/ site all along . i have to calculate manually to get a total cost .
    It will be Good if there will be link like Billing Proposal…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Portal is very slow loading pricing for machines

Whenever you select the Pricing Tier of VM to create, it seems to take about 10 seconds for the pricing information to load. I don't see any reason why it should take this long. Yes, its probably some sort of Ajax call that passes in the region, but this should return immediately. No reason for it to be this slow

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. account.windowsazure.com/Subscriptions should show SubscriptionId on the list

If I have same subscription name, in example, "Microsoft Azure Sponsorship" or "Visual Studio MSDN", they listed in same name.
    I hovered one of items and the link shows "https://account.windowsazure.com/Subscriptions/Statement?subscriptionId=d2e9f440-9357-430e-a1bc-6d" but I found some SubscriptionID strings are completely different in real.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ensure the Usage and Billing reports use only ONE name to refer to a datacenter e.g. Australia East

Currently the usage and billing reports refer to the Australia East datacenter as Australia East, aueast, and AU East depending on which resource is deployed.

This is frustrating when trying to report and use tools like the PowerBI link for billing - the usage and billing report MUST be reliable and consistent and basic things like consistent names for datacenters should just happen, even if usage/billing needs to run some extra step to adjust the report before it gets to the customer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the post. We’re aware of this issue and are working to standardize datacenter names across resource providers in the billing reports. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience.

-Azure Billing Team

18. Activating free credits has a "Purchase" button so I'm not sure if I should click

When I follow the link to Activate my free monthly Azure credits it takes me to a page with a "Purchase" button. I'm afraid I'll be charged for something so I haven't clicked it.
    If it is "free" the button should say "Activate" not "Purchase"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Consumed Qunatity has discrepancy in usage file

The consumed quantity column total in the usage csv file in the upper section which includes the rate is different than the same column in the detail table below it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Azure Open subscription should provision a PaaS service like mySQL service, or Drupal

The Azure Open subscription should provision a PaaS service like mySQL service, or Drupal

The Azure Open subscription seems to be very limited in the use of PaaS services. It isn't possible to provision a mySQL service, or Drupal. This blocks me from using Azure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base