Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. just make it work properly

when you log into the portal and can't see your bill despite a termination warning and paying it a couple of days ago - the contact support team feature doesn't work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Billing tags

Use tags on resource group level for billing in EA portal.
    Currently we have to tag all sources within a resource group for billing information in the EA portal. It would be more efficient if the tags on the resource group level are used in the reports

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback and while we don’t have plans to include this on our roadmap in the near future, we will certainly follow up with the other stakeholders to determine the next steps to getting this feature supported.

-Adam
    Azure Billing Team

3. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. pay online

pay directly online in addition to having a card on file

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quick "support us" page for donations towards an Azure account

Provide a simple "Donate Now" page for Azure accounts (or only specific account services) that shows:
    --Current Account Balance
    --Estimated Current Monthly Charge
    --Form for donating via credit card towards the account's balance

This would be a huge boon for non-profits and community supported projects. For example, azure-websites could have a "Keep this site alive" link... or server-dependent indie games could direct users to a "Keep the servers up" page...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to manage multiple subscriptions for different legal entities using one MS account.

It would be helpful to associate Billing Address with a subscription and use the same MS account to manage them. So that I can manage multiple subscriptions for multiple companies using the same MS account. Forcing people into multiple accounts is a bad security practice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The Azure billing team is always looking to improve the user experience. In order for us to properly evaluate this ask, would you mind elaborating a little upon you request?

You should already be able to manage multiple subscriptions under the same MS Account. Are you asking for some sort of consolidated billing between those subscriptions?

Thanks for clarifying,

-Adam
    Azure Billing Team

7. Show EA account credits in the Billing API

Hi guys,

We would really like to see billing credits in the billing API CSV data. This could show up as reverse charges (negative values) or in a form of a separate API function and a separate CSV file (in case that Microsoft does not have the same level of detail when it comes to applying credits).

Currently it does not look like there are any reverse charges in the API.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DO NOT DELETE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY WHEN A SUBSCRIPTION RUNS OUT

see [REG:115031012492134] support reference for full history of this issue

Hi,
    It would be great if you could answer the following questions:
    1) Please show me where on the azure web site that it states that cloud services are auto deleted immediately if a subscription is disabled for any reason.
    2) Please let me know if you also delete cloud services automatically without warning “by design” if a credit card expires or fails dues to funds shortage or the like?
    3) Why do you want to seriously annoy your customers by designing your system like this????? That is a ridiculous…

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make pricing information more visible.

It seems that wherever you are, it's hard to get an estimate of how much it will cost. For example, Try setting up a Sharepoint Server Farm. You first have to provide passwords, user groups, domain controllers, etc. Even then, the price might still state: "$0.00
    Current Charge".
    Recommendation: group standard configurations with the price up front, Add a Custom button or Customize feature or even add a template library with prices. That would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow profiles to be locale-generic, and support subscriptions in multiple regions under one profile.

I recently set up a profile/subscription. It wanted to know where I was located, so I was honest and selected 'UK'. I'm the manager of global tech for a global company. Imagine my surprise when I wanted to have billing handled through my US HQ's credit card, and I find out I can't! I can only bill through a UK CC.

So, I went to change it. It needs to be an account registered in the locale you want to pay from, not necessarily where you are physically located. Of course, I then learn you can't change the country. I…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create an account summary where total committment, total usage and remaining committment is shown on one page.

Create an account summary where total commitment, total usage and remaining commitment is shown on one page. Now, I have to hand calculate my total usage for my plan.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1,170 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the post , votes, and comments. We are aware of this limitation and are targeting sometime next year to improve this experience. In the meantime you can sign up for a new account in your desired country and transfer your assets to the new account via Support.

-Azure Billing Team

13. 717 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Online Payment for Azure Databases

According to some banking requirements, they do not allow to complete the payment for azure by Debit Cards (offline Payments), but they allow for online payments, I recommend to start a system to pay due amounts with online payment system while offiline mode is ongoing.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Click error message box for support options

There is a little red stripe at the top of the "Subscription" window that says "Error - Contact Microsoft Support for Help" it would be nice to be able to click on that and get support info. Especially since it's probably looking for billing information and I'll need to go to a special phone number/address

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to alias the subsciption name from within the Azure Portal

The Azure Portal currently lists the subscription names in their raw, original format. And, while, in terms of the subscription itself, these represent billing boundaries for Azure...they "can" also represent other logical boundary-containers, as well. As such, I would like to be able to alias each subscription in order to make separating object creation into their logical boundaries a "no brainer".

Example 1:
    I have 2 subscriptions. In one, I put VNets, VM's, Service Buses and other things that I see as common or more "architectural" in nature. In another, I put Web Sites, Cloud Services and databases that I…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you can rename subscriptions from the Account portal today. It sounds like you need a better way to organize your resources, tho. We’ll look into this.

17. More Budget, to play arraound with Azure for MSDN Subcribers

Would be nice, to get more playarround budget for MSDN Subscribers.

1,178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use credit card that is used by another account in Office 365

We have a corporate credit card that we use for Azure and Office 365. We have different admins for the two services, but the card is the same. Azure doesn't let me add the credit card number because it's already used by another (Microsoft) user. That's a very annoying restriction that I don't understand how it can be a security restriction (which I'm told).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for how long it has taken us to respond. The Azure Billing team was reorganized recently. The new team is focused on understanding and fixing current issues, and engaging with the community.

Thanks for your feedback. To enable what you suggest we’d need to have a user authorize specific other users to use their credit card. We;ll look into the feasibility of building this feature.

19. I can't even sign up for a trial account because I live in the Cayman Islands.

Microsoft sucks. I am a Canadian. I live in the Cayman Islands. My Microsoft Account has it's region bound to Canada. My credit cards are in the Cayman Islands. I can't change my billing address. The trial page will only accept Canadian credit cards. I called a bunch of different Microsoft departments and have been given the run around non stop. Everyone just keeps passing the buck and no one knows what is going on. Good job on blocking out an entire country.

Hello Amazon, here I come!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Windows Azure is commercially available in the following 84 countries, and this is not one of them. Learn more here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/faq/

We are adding more countries as we can, but in the meantime if you wish to use the service in an unsupported country, you’ll need to use one of several third party providers which front the Azure Subscriptions for organizations in unsupported countries. Just keep in mind that those providers are not MSFT so perform due-diligence to make sure any vendor you select is reputable.

Thanks for understanding.

20. Azure free hours for technet subscribers

I think like MSDN subscriber and others, Technet subscribers shoud also get some free hours to try out Azure stuff. It makes sense at the moment when it's still on it's way to getting mature and this way more and more guys can try this out and come out with their suggestions.

--Parkash K.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing