Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Require authentication (confirmation)

• Require mobile / email authentication (confirmation) when trying to create non-free services or upgrading/downgrading already existing services

• Require mobile / email authentication (confirmation) when trying to delete services

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear warnings before being charged

Today I decided to see what Azure is all about.

I sign in with my Microsoft account and give a credit card number for verification purposes to start my free trial.

I am just trying to familiarize myself with the interface and play around with it ... so I start a web app (a WordPress website) and it goes ahead and provisions me a new site (in East Asia) mind you. I had no options to pick my server location and no options to apply my free trial.

So my website gets done provisioning, and I get an email notification.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. free trial, took money from the credit card nonesense

I was trying to use the free trial for azure. it charged 40 USDthat I created MySQL database. is that mean a free trial
    there is no sign in the azure site that, some products are free to try some of them with money charge

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologize for the unexpected charge. We are working on making it very clear when you will be charged for a service. (especially for non-Microsoft offerings such as MySQL DB, that are allowed to be created through Azure Marketplace) Please open a support ticket to resolve the unexpected charge.

4. Invoice option for Marketplace

Hello Team,

Please make Marketplace products compatible with Invoice option.

When we enable Invoice option and if we purchase any Marketplace products, the Invoice option gets disabled and the support tell to delete the Marketplace products to get Invoice option enabled again.

But the thing is, we cannot afford to delete some of the Marketplace products as it will directly affects our business.

Please, requesting you to have an option so Marketplace products won't affect Invoice option.

Thanks.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What can I do with DreamSpark without "upgrading"?

I cannot create VMs, I get prompted to "Upgrade".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Detailed billing

The goal will be to have a detailed view on which person deploy which virtual machine on Azure.
    It will be very helpful to have this to know which people/department deploy for example a SQL Server VM during X days

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion, especially as we build out our role based access control capabilities. We don’t yet have firm timelines for when we can deliver this but we will add it to our backlog.

Thanks,

-Adam
    Azure Billing Team

8. migrate to csp

Allow migration of direct azure subscriptions to CSP subscriptions.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To re-generate Previous invoice with updated details

Can you please have some solution to re-generate previous Invoice with updated details.

For example: When we update the Company Name after the last Invoice generated, we have to wait till next Invoice to get that New company name reflected which does not make sense.

This usually affects the Business since we cannot make payment with Incorrect Company name which will ultimately Suspend our services.

Please TREAT this Feedback as URGENT and have some solution on this ASAP.

Thanks

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transfer subscription ownership while keeping the settings of service admin and co-admins

When we transfer subscription ownership between Microsoft accounts, the settings of service admin and co-admin(s) in the source subscription are reset. Especially, if the source subscription has multiple co-admins, it takes a lot of effort to recover them. So, we want to perform it while keeping them.

<Japanese>
    Microsoft アカウント間でサブスクリプションの譲渡を行った場合、移行元のサブスクリプションのサービス管理者と共同管理者の設定がリセットされてしまいます。特に移行元のサブスクリプションに複数の共同管理者が設定されている場合、再設定するのは非常に大変なので、移行元のサービス管理者と共同管理者のアカウント情報を保持したまま、サブスクリプションの譲渡を出来るようにして欲しい。

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Developers with no credit cards should be allowed limited access for innovative dev-test prototyping

Credit card requirement should pop out only when premium services are requested.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it accept my credit card

When I try to sign up all I get is "We can't authorize the payment method. Please make sure the information is correct, or use another payment method. If you continue to get this message, please contact your financial institution." Please fix this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Portal is very slow loading pricing for machines

Whenever you select the Pricing Tier of VM to create, it seems to take about 10 seconds for the pricing information to load. I don't see any reason why it should take this long. Yes, its probably some sort of Ajax call that passes in the region, but this should return immediately. No reason for it to be this slow

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support additional regional formats

Billing history in the portal displays dates in US format. The same applies to the usage report.... Would love to be able to change a single setting somewhere so that all dates are in UK (or other) format...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.

We do have the ability to switch languages in the footer. Based on the language selection, we update the date formats as well. But for English we currently default to US formats. We’ll look into adding support for UK as well.

15. I canceled my subscription and don't have access to my past invoices. Your system will not allow me to request a support ticket.

canceled my subscription and don't have access to my past invoices. Your system will not allow me to request a support ticket. Calling the sales line doesn't allow me to talk to anyone who can assist.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Billing is so confusing

So I tried to create a compute server (VPS) last August as I think it would cost nothing. It looked worth a try.

However, starting from this month, it seems that Azure has been asking for money since I noticed several unusual withdrawals in my credit card though it always failed.

Then I realized that it maybe because I forgot to turn off the machine even though I never use it since the first day it was created.

My question is; do I still have to pay something? (despite of my zero usage).

PS: Currently they even refrain me from…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don`t sneakily bill me

I was billed 59.65 three times (178$) for a clear DB service I unknowingly provisioned and was not refunded my money. Make it clear when you are soliciting paid services when exploring azure on a free trial account.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Azure free trial credits can be used for services published by Microsoft, but non-Microsoft services are not covered. We apologize that this information was not clear in the portal.

We are working on making this more prominent.

Could you please provide your SR#?

-Azure Billing team

18. As a dreamspark student, I am only able to access web app, I want to be able to fully test out azure before paying a subscription. Thaks

I really do want to be able to try wordpress or even directly write the HTML and CSS, but as being in the dream spark subscription I have no access to anything.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make payment easy!

Payment should be made easier. I always have IMENSE trouble getting payment to work on microsoft services. It's too convoluted, confusing!!!!!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base