Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise for students

Before Microsoft Imagine products migrated to Azure Education, the free software offerings included Visual Studio IDE at all tiers (Community, Professional and Enterprise) soon after the release. I am a student with access to Azure Education account where I can see VS2015 and 2017 available, however there is still no 2019. Are there plans to add it as a free product for students? Please note that I'm asking specifically about (normally) products requiring paid license, i.e. Professional and Enterprise. Enterprise ships with Live Unit Testing which greatly improves productivity when working on university projects.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Require Tenant Admin approval before allowing Free trial or Pay as you go subscriptions to be created under tenant User accounts.

Currently, if users sign up for a free trial of Azure or a pay as you go subscription in azure with their work accounts (AAD accounts), the subscription is created in the tenant their AAD accounts live in. This happens a lot when the userbase goes to Azure training. This is causing a ton of subs to show up in the tenant and is deluging the list to an unmanageable state for the tenant admins. The request is to make it where you can not create a new subscription using an AAD account without Tenant Admin consent. There could be…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. usage report improvement

Hi there,

For now, we knew there's usage details csv file can be downloaded via cost management +billing -> invoice -> download -> download csv, however, it's not the report for actual charge. Please help to provide the way to download actual charge usage report in Azure portal with ACM permission. It will be very helpful!!

Thank you!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Invoicing with UBL/PEPPOL

Microsoft currently sends their customers invoices in PDF-format. This is not an ideal format for processing by bookkeeping software.

Please send invoices in the UBL-format (.xml files) as well, which is a format that is optimized for automated processing of invoices. Ideally, you could send these invoices through the secured PEPPOL-network, with which your customers receive the invoices directly in their bookkeeping software, instead of getting them by email.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. Configuration Manager CMG support on CSP subscriptions

Currently Azure CSP subscriptions will not support the Configuration Manager Cloud Management gateway role. With a significant number of customer using CSP as their preferred Azure subscription billing mechanism, could a solution be provided for this please.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make CSP to CSP subscription transfers easier

Currently the process to move a CSP subscription to another CSP provider is to complete a downloaded form and have both the incumbent and new providers sign it. This is then sent to Microsoft to process the transfer.

There is also a requirement for the relationship (technical link) between the incumbent provider and the customer to exist at the time Microsoft process the transfer, otherwise they do not proceed.

We have been in situations where the reliance on the incumbent provider to complete their part has caused major disruption and excessive delays.

At the moment there is far too much…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set default pricing tier to Free

Ref. SR#119081423000374

Customer complaint the default pricing tier is not Free(if the service has free tier).
    Based on his 20 years experience as a software designer, Yahoo! commercial platform senior engineer, and e-commercial website designer, he realizes things related to money is sensitive and need to handle carefully.

This time he just changed his deployment region to other one, the system changed to (add a new) App service plan which pricing tier is S1. He said customers are easily mislead and choose wrong pricing tier.

So please set default pricing tier to Free if the resource has free tier.
    Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to change region of billing.

Ability to change region of billing.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a local billing center for South Africa

South African Reserve Bank restrictions limits international credit card transactions to less than 50 000 ZAR. South African businesses and startups building on Azure quickly runs into this limitation and then have no option but to switch to invoice-based billing.

If you establish a local billing center we would be able to keep using automatic card-based payments without this restriction.

See the linked article for more information.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/banking/318561-the-sarb-is-making-it-difficult-for-start-ups-to-pay-their-amazon-bills.html

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow all Billing Administrators to update payment methods

Only the account creator can update the payment method. This is really limiting when there are payment issues with a CC. Our billing administrator cannot update it. And co-administrators or others with full admin access can update it. Only the creator. This is very limiting and makes managing the account challenging. AWS lets me do this!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Block subscription creation policy for non-global admin users (MPN Agreement)

Users that are not global admin or are in restricted groups, should not be able to create any new subscriptions under the main tenant.
    Specially if this tenant is under a MPN agreement.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

12. Please add Guernsey as one of the Country or Regions Azure is commercially available, similar to O365

Please make Azure available to use on Guernsey as we have several customers using Microsoft services like O365 that would like to use Azure as well

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow changing billing country

Being an Office365 user before seeking for Azure services my Azure profile was somehow created automatically and the Billing country was preset to US although that was not the billing country of the Office365 subscription. I consider this as a clear defect. Now I cannot go through the payment card verification process because I do not have a US card.
    Users should be able to change the billing country especially in the case where there were not yet any subscriptions created. Having that feature would overcome the defect see above but would be useful in general. For example if a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. im offended that i cant sign up unless i own a credit card this makes me feel inadequit as a person and nobody should ever have to feel like

im offended that i cant sign up just because i dont have a credit card you have no idea what kind of person i am you dont know the lifestyle ive had to live or the upbringing ive had to endure to make a person feel this way because they dont own any credit catrds is inhumane you aaree no more hhhuman than i am so just think about that try to ccome up with other ways that people can join without a **** credit card

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prepaid credit Cards should be accepted.

I was really surpized so many people have the same problem- after few of hours of fighth with non intuitive set of MS registration pages you get the message that Prepadid Card is not suitable for registration.
    Dear MS team - it's really very weak solution...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reserved Instances Report improving

I issue a support ticket, and understand that some level o RI's reporting is not yet available in the portal.

At the end the request is:
    Can the below API calls, been translated or "published" on portal.azure.com.

API CALLS

REST API - https://management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.Billing/billingAccounts/{enrollmentId}/providers/Microsoft.Billing/billingPeriods/{billingPeriodId}/providers/Microsoft.Consumption/usagedetails?metric={metric}&api-version=2019-04-01-preview&$filter={filter}

1 - All Charges (usage and purchases) Replace {metric} with ActualCost

2- Usage that got reservation discount Replace {metric} with ActualCost

Replace {filter} with: properties/reservationId%20ne%20

3- Usage that didn't get reservation discount Replace {metric} with ActualCost

Replace {filter} with: properties/reservationId%20eq%20
    Amortized charges (usage and purchases) Replace {metric} with AmortizedCost

4- Unused reservation report Replace {metric} with AmortizedCost

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Limit to use resource in pay as you go subscription

Limit to use resource in pay as you go subscription.
    If I want use resource only for 100 GBP montly and not more I would set limit. Now this function is not avaliable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Free trial to money from bank account

Hey there, I just registered to MS Azure free trial today and as far as I understand "free trial" means that they won't take any money from me unless I upgrade my subscription.

I created one "test environment" for my azure account and when I checked my account, Microsoft already took money from it.

Can you please explain why this happened and if possible how can I get my money back?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show all subscriptions

In the portal you only show 100 subscriptions. I manage more that that. You do it because some pages become slow when they have to show 130 subscriptions instead of 100. But you are measuring the wrong timing. Because searching in 100, not finding, enabling to search in all my 130, and then finding is for the user much slower than just searching in the 130 subscriptions from the start.

So measuer how long your users use to achieve something instead of how long your pages use to load. Because that is what matters.

And please make something like "[x]…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base