Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the "Billing Subscriptions" Gadget count to reflect Active subscriptions

On the new home page, it shows the count of "Billing Subscriptions" in a gadget. This count includes accounts that have been deleted / deactivated (this may happen in some cases as an individual moves between organisations). Low priority.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for how long it has taken us to respond. The Azure Billing team was reorganized recently. The new team is focused on understanding and fixing current issues, and engaging with the community.

We’re actively working on improving the billing experience on the new portal, and will incorporate this feedback into our design.

2. Add a pane for downloading invoices

Add a pan for downloading invoices to the Billing blade. Currently, I have to go to Billing, expand the Subscription, Quickstart, Subscription management. That's a lot of steps to see my invoice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for how long it has taken us to respond. The Azure Billing team was reorganized recently. The new team is focused on understanding and fixing current issues, and engaging with the community.

Thanks for providing this feedback. We’re working hard to build all the billing experiences you need into the new portal as fast as we can, so that customers like you don’t have to go to multiple places to get their work done. Stay tuned. We’ll use our Twitter handle @azurebilling to make announcements when we ship new features.

3. Add executive summary highlights for information that customers care.

Add three executive summary highlights for information that customers care the most:

1. Billing ( customers can preset a threshold. Whenever the billing goes up the threshold. The highlight light will inform the customers that the current billing goes over the threshold)

2. Service health ( Customers can predefine the service health indicators. The highlight will tell the customers whether it's been met or not).

3. Current usages of the application. (For example, How many people are using my service now? Is my business ok or not? )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Billing in Management portal for EA customers

Currently for EA customers billing is not available in management portal. Based on RABC if this can be enabled for subscription owners or even better if this can be shown at resource group level.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show predicted actual counsumption at the end of billing period

Need to see the expected amount of totla payment at the end of the period based on the dynamics of actual consumption and existing credit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is great feedback- thank you. We do plan to add forecasting, though I’m not in a position to provide a firm ETA yet,

6. Can access service from billing

Better if the name of service on Billing can be link to the service so i can check directly when the billing goes wrong, for instance maybe delete the service

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Evaluation Trial not clear

Evaluation Trial not clear.
    Good day
    My services got suspended due to 3rd party Oracle market place. I have enough credits and days left and no clear distinction exist between what should not be on trial available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need better graphic for burn-down and burn-up dual subscriptions

I have two subscriptions, one is MSDN with a spending cap, so the bill in 'burn-down'. The other is a credit-card based subscription.
    When I look at the bill graphic of the two subscriptions on the same chart, one is in the negative range, and one is in the positive range. Both subscriptions have burned through about $10 in charges so far this billing cycle, but the lines are FAR apart, AND both ***** in the same direction. The chart is confusing to read.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Burn chart on the Subscription->"Breakdown of current charges" does not graph after credits are used

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qahgbpoq6yhjw8i/Screenshot%202015-09-26%2023.26.38.png?dl=0

The graph just ends when the credits run out. This is not very useful for determining changes in spend rate for the current billing period.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. create storage dreamspark

create storage blob with dreamspark suscription

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure billing statement should mention amount in addition to "Subscription Name"

I have been using "Pay-As-You-Go for RMS Reporting" for over a year now; the cost is zero dollars. For some strange reason I started getting "Your Microsoft statement is ready" messages the past 2 months. So, I go in and look at the bill and it is $0.00 as expected.

(1) Why did I suddenly start getting these e-Mails?
    (2) Why do you send bills for $0.00? (for things that are free)
    (3) You put the "Subscription Name" in the message, why can't you also put the amount?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian,

The statement ready emails have always been sent for your subscription, perhaps they were being filtered out.

In regards to adding the amount, we are currently working on this and adding a copy of the invoice to the email. I don’t have an exact eta for when this but it is a prioritized feature.

Regards,
    Azure Billing Team

12. Billing UI in the new portal is useless

I want to be able to navigate from Billing to the specific billable's screen(s) and delete it from there if not needed

In the attached screenshot:
    - clicking the donut doesn't take you anywhere
    - clicking the items on the right doesn't take you anywhere
    - there are no icons that take you to the specific resources
    - the text shown in the list on the right don't correspond to anything I've typed myself, so I don't know where they are
    - guid is useless - especially with "...", a "Copy Guid" icon would do the same without wasting space…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How do I view my bill from the new portal?

I don't know how to view my bill in the new portal. It is not obvious.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matthew, apologies we are working on improving this experience. If you open the subscriptions blade and click on the subscription you would like to view the bill for, you can then click Manage on the top of the blade. This will open the Accounts Center (https://account.windowsazure.com/Subscriptions/) for the subscription and you can view Billing History. Alternately you can signin directly the Accounts Center.

We are working on porting Billing History into the new Portal.

Regards,
    Azure Billing Team

14. have better email and notifications for mentioning the charges

I had two subscriptions , one with free 150$ USD credit every month as I am microsoft employee and other was old and had my card as payment method. A VM was deployed and it charged to my paid subscription. if I was shown proper information or alert that this subscription will be charged , I would have disconnected long back. However there was no information until the statement ready mail and as it had been always zero dollar charge since last few years due to my free subscription and automatic stoppage of service on credit getting over, it was…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Follow the platform costs during the evaluation.

The trial period is very important to us. So it is essential that we have the possibility of going into our platform and keep the cost of the platform. For future reference at the time of hiring services.
    So it's easier to evaluate the resource requirements compared with the costs during the trial period.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it easier to cross reference the items listed in the Management Portal with the items listed in your account that billed.

Verifying the charges for an Azure subscription is difficult because the items listed in the management portal (manage.windowsazure.com) don't easily match the items in your Account (accounts.microsoft.com).

If these two portals were more similar if would help verify the accuracy of the charges.

At present it takes me over an hour to export/sort/filter the details and even then I am not 100% sure we are being charged correctly.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll make sure that the data is presented in a consistent manner. Rest assured though, that the underlying data is the same. It’s a matter of mapping it to the same strings.

17. show billing stats clearly (even if not real time, but atleast a day/12 hour before billing is good enough).

In the earlier portal, billing details were very clear. But this new one, does not even show where that information is.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Service will be useful if it can be provided or charged daily basis, Example i need VM server for few days but it is charged per month

Azure Service will be useful if it can be provided or charged daily basis, Example i need VM server for few days but it is charged per month

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It was free before. I have no credit or debit card. Iam learning Python course, needs to practice it. What should I do?

Create an option with Microsoft for the learners to sign-in free for this month & practice the material.
    You can confirm them being student by asking the online link id bcoz they don't necessarily be learning from your website only.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base