Additional Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add web hooks for Application Insights alerts.

SQL Azure alerts have an option to add web hooks but this option is missing from Application Insights. It would be really useful to add this for custom notifications.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate speech services with Azure to speech-enable apps

By bundling speech services with Azure, developers can easily provide speech/voice services within their apps easily across platforms, devices or form-factors. Some sample verticals that could benefit from this include IVR, customer care, mobile, personal assistants, TV entertainment, gaming etc.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Key Vault a first-class category on this page

Would be great if "Key Vault" wasn't hidden behind "Additional services". I think it's important enough to deserve its own category.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Key Vault  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add a feature for auto-rotating keys and configuring deployed apps' settings to use those keys

It is obviously a best practice to rotate keys on a regular basis, but it's a pain to reconfigure deployed apps to switch keys. And for various reasons, not everyone wants to use KeyVault. As a result I think it's safe to say that most Azure users do not rotate their keys because it's extra work.

I have heard numerous times, however, that some Microsoft teams have automated processes to rotate keys on some their apps. Is this something that could be turned into an Azure feature, automatically updating the key values in a Web App's App Settings, for example?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows Server 2019 availability - Azure for students

Since Microsoft Imagine was transformed to Microsoft Azure for students the software (like Windows Server licenses and ISO's) are not updated anymore. The software is located under Home > Education > Software.
    When navigating to the software section in Azure there are options for Server 2016 and Windows 8.1 Embedded. But still no sign of Server 2019. Server 2019 was available before the switch from Microsoft Imagine to Azure for students.

URL: https://portal.azure.com/?MicrosoftAzureEducationcorrelationId=972d181b-fcef-4f5c-8651-e1829fafda59#blade/MicrosoftAzure_Education/EducationMenuBlade/software

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The AppInsights panels are confusing

I'm afraid I can't make head or tail of the AppInsights panels. The output seems inconsistent from one day to the next and inaccurate (sometimes it says "No data is available in this time period" when I know that I have used the site). Also, why does it show information in some areas (eg Browser page load), but in others it says "Learn how to collect server response time data (or request data, or failed request data) and if click on that link, it says "Add Application Insights to your project!", which I have already done! What on earth is…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AWS Trusted Advisor competitor

Trusted Advisor is a great tool, that tests common best practises against services under a given account in order to increase security and efficiency, and reduce expenses if possible.
    Please implement an Azure competitor for it ASAP!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide VPN Gateway RADIUS Secret key

It is unacceptable that when I navigate to the P2S Radius configuration the value of the secret key is shown in clear text by default. This must be hidden by default like all other parts of the portal.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stakeholder read-only access for Azure DevOps code wiki

We have a wiki published from a vsts git repo.
    We now need our stakeholders to be able to read pages within the wiki, I can not file the correct permission combination to allow this. They are a "Reader" on the git repo.
    I know Stakeholder can not see code, they are access it through the wiki tab.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Team Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide speed test service in different data centers for us to decide where to put

There are so many different data centers, how can we decide which location is the best for us?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow me to set a high water and low water value for scaling alerts.

Right now if you have alerts setup for scaling on an AppService you get an email or webhook alert for EVERY scaling event. I would like to be able to set a high water value that if the number of servers is >= to a value like 6 it would send out the alert email. I know my processes will scale during the day and that is expected behavior, I only want to know when it gets out of control. The low water would be used to clear the alert. When it comes back down and is < this value…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. time series insights additional retention options

It would be great if you could analyze historic data with time series insights. Right now the data retention policies are either 90 days or 30 days depending on plan. It would be great to offer an option, that was just X million data points, regardless of date.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Strip/overwrite x-forwarded-for header in Azure App Gateway

Protecting Azure resources, such as API Management, with a WAF like Azure App Gateway offers great protection. However if API Management needs to obtain the IP address of the caller the x-forwarded-for header must be used, as the App Gateway injects this header when forwarding the request to the API.

The issue comes when the incoming request contains the x-forwarded-for header already. The App Gateway does not strip the incoming x-forwarded-for header, rather it concatenates the values together.

This means that rules cannot be performed in API Management based on this header value, and it can be easily spoofed.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Service Map Solution to Azure Government OMS

Add the Service Map solution to MAG OMS. The ability to map and show details of the entire IaaS/PaaS environment can assist with both ATO and required documentation making the transition to Azure Government much smoother. This also ties into incident management and remediation as well as Security Center.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Map  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Static Code Analysis Rule SR0014 to work with many temporal tables

None of the static code analysis rules will run on a database project in Visual Studio 2019 that has many temporal tables and rule SR0014 "Maintain compatibility between data types" enabled.

The error is always "SQL72039: The substring is out of the bounds for script MSSQL::" followed by the name of a temporal history table. Disabling system versioning on the parent table leads to the same error, but on a different history table.

The only solution to allow the other rules to run is to disable SR0014. This is not an acceptable solution, since I consider this one of the…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include Referral URL in page view data

Even though there is a 'Page view referral URL base' item to select when grouping data in Metrics Explorer there seems to be no data related to referral URL because as soon as I select it data disappears from chart with 'No data is available in this time period.' in it.

Is this an actual issue or it is just me?

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customer Insights in CSP subscription

Customer Insights are not available for CSP Subscriptions. All Our customers are based on CSP so we need the functionality of Customer Insights on these Subscriptions.
    Please provide this for CSP subscriptions

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Metadata Management & Data Modeling for Azure Data Lake& Data warehouse as service

You are going to Launch Azure Data Lake which kind of cool. But the problem is integrating metadata from various cloud services and getting a unified view for Analysis is often a problem.

Let it be Hive metadata / HCatalog metadata & SQL Data Lake Metadata it too much to handled when federated.

I have some more ideas how this can be done. If interested you can drop me a note. It is kind of easy not tough just we require a will from Microsoft to do it.

I will jump in an contribute in my own way.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base