Additional Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Devops - Support for branch policy template that can be applied to all or some branches

I have a master branch i have a branch policy for, i then have medium lived branches such as Feature1, Feature2 etc. All of which have the same branch polices. However everytime i create a new "feature" branch, i have to re-write the branch policy for that branch.

It would be great if i was able to define a template and then just add the template to a branch, or some kind of inheritance for branch polices.

Thanks

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Team Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide hosted StreamInsight

I hear about "Project Austin" every now and then (it was announced 2 years ago [1]) and the IoT is exploding and I'd love to start implementing stuff with StreamInsight, like the things shown at the MSDN article [2], but without an Azure-hosted server, it's going to be tough.

[1] http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-readies-austin-an-azure-hosted-event-processing-service/9494
    [2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/hh852591.aspx

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SMTP (PickupDirectoryFromIis) in Azure?

I'd like to be able to post outgoing mail to the local IIS pickup directory (SmtpClient.DeliveryMethod = SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis) so my app never blocks or wait for some SMTP server to respond and messages always gets queued. Azure could then relay the messages to some configured SMTP server for delivery. I know I could implement this with a queue and a worker role, but IIS's SMTP service - in conjunction with System.Net.Mail - already does exactly that and works like a charm, so why reinvent the wheel?

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create key vault within a vnet

The ability to create a key vault within a vnet would allow us to control access at the network level.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Key Vault  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. mySQL inconsistant experience, borderline awful

First, the MySQL databases I have aren't showing up in the classic portal...but are in the preview portal. I can't upgrade my MySQL database subscription to another plan from the preview portal, and there is no link or way for me to access ClearDB's own site so I can manage it from there. When I try to go straight to ClearDB's own website and attempt to manage it, it says "this email is already in use" when I use the database u/p from Azure.

When I try to create a new MySQL from the preview portal it always fails to…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ClearDB  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Service Tag for Azure DevOps Deployment Agents

When connecting (e.g. through SSH) from Azure DevOps Deployment Agent to some Azure network, we need to whitelist a wide range of IP addresses that regularily change. It would be great to have a service tag for this type of usage.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Team Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Application Insights to filter on custom data

Request filtering in Application Insights should allow you to see and filter your custom data on the request sent in the telemetry.

To repo, click a request and see DeveloperMode already in the Custom Data portion of the Request details. Now go to prior blade listing the Requests and click Filter, see that you cannot filter Custom Data properties. This is really unfortunate because I have critical data passed as a custom property via an ITelemetryInitializer implementation that I need to filter by.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more than the 5TB capacity to Microsoft Azure Files

Add more than the 5TB capacity to Microsoft Azure Files

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide ability to change Pilot Group in Azure AD Connect

After various testing, re-running Azure AD Connect Tool, etc. it appears you are unable to update the Test/Pilot Group filter in the Wizard after it has already been configured. So far the only apparent work around is to update the Connector.GroupFilteringGroupDn XML parameter(under the dbo.mmsmanagementagent table) in the configuration database. Is it possible to a) Fix this functionality or b) Present this to the Azure AD Sync Tool as an easily adjusted filtering option.
    http://ajmckean.com/unable-to-change-initial-pilottest-group-azure-ad-connect/

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fresh satellite imagery and computing platform for spatial algorithms

Amazon has NEX, Google has their Earth Engine Platform.

Microsoft needs a product on Azure to first of all provide fresh satellite imagery from Landsat and Sentinel-2 for their customers to use for free - but more importantly a Big Data compute platform that allows developers to run their own Geospatial Algorithms on.

You could also add ready made recipes that can do the heavy lifting for developers to "fill in the blanks" and use in their own products.

Could be amazing!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add FTP/SFTP as a sink

Need to have secure FTP solution as a sink as well as the source. Currently using Informatica Cloud for this but I want to have the choice of moving to Azure Data factory. Usage scenarios:
    1) Send file, source can be FTP/SFTP also) to FTP/SFTP destination
    2) Output data from SQL Server and send as file to FTP/SFTP destination

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. (Near) Realtime refresh of Application Insight's blades

The teams at my company use Application Insights to track all sorts of data. Each team room has a screen where the AppInsights can b displayed. Problem is, the data isn't auto refreshed by the portal, you have to manually refresh it. And if you add a browser extension to auto reload the tab, the charts are not being displayed after the browser refresh. So, no way to have the data being auto refreshed.

Can't you sprinkle some SignalR magic to the portal? :)

Thanks you in advance!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Team Foundation Services fully 100% compatible with the local visual studio environment.

There are several situations where a build works fine locally but fails when built on Team Foundation Services (TFSs) (VisualStudio.com).

For example TFSs removes the release/debug directory under bin for the Azure-project. This makes multiple sites in one role impossible with TFSs since the relative path used for PhysicalDirectory can never be the same in the local Visual Studio emulator environment as it is in the TFSs build environment. And as far as I can see there is no reason why the two should not be identical, especially when it comes to the directory structure within the solution folder.

By…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add SendGrid Email Delivery Service

The SendGrid Email Delivery Service is available in public Azure, but not Azure Government. Please make this useful service available also in Azure Government.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SendGrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Orleans (project from MS Research) an added service in Azure

Orleans is MS version of Akka. If that is an added service in future Azure, You will have ultimate scalability.

what Orleans is? http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Going+Deep/Project-Orleans-A-Cloud-Computing-Framework

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Service for converting formats (RTF to DOC to PDF)

We evaluated many products for converting, but only MS Word can do this in 100% right way. We end with Word installed on application server (like many firms do). This block up from go to cloud.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. company portal without user affinity (DEP DEVICES)

Intune Company Portal available to DEP devices (or any device without user affinity) that are already enrolled with Intune MDM. When App Store is removed (as a policy), there is no alternative way for DEP devices to go and pull applications down on shared devices.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for Golang (Go) SDK for Azure

AWS is supporting an SDK for 'Go' language. A lot of new app development is happening in Go.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. https://tools3d.azurewebsites.net/ not working

I use https://tools3d.azurewebsites.net/ to repair my 3d files for personal printing, but since June 30 2019, after the upload of any file (usually .stl files), it keeps queueing for ever and I can't download the file, because it never ends.

I've tried on different computers and different networks, but the problem persists.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base