Additional Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to filter our 401 Failed Requests in Application Insights

When monitoring an application that uses NT Auth 401 request failures are expected because it is part of the authentication process. But it makes it really hard to find real failed requests because their are so many 401 failures in the failed request section.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pin Application Insights charts to the dashboard

It should be possible to pin a custom app insights chart to the home page. Or at least customize the app insights blade for a site with a set of custom charts.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Application Insights to be viewed by non Azure Administrators

Please add a way for non administrators to be able to view application insights data. Currently it appears that you have to be an Azure admin to see this information.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Persist Time Range Selection

Currently my time range selection is not persisted, even within the same resource or resource group. Once clicking back from a detail blade the time range reverts back to 24 hours. This greatly impedes troubleshooting in an alerting scenario. May be a bug but necessary to have for production troubleshooting.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Portal support for CORS configuration

Hi - I need to configure CORS on our storage accounts, but I can't find a way to do that using the Portal. I also downloaded the Python SDK, but it doesn't seem to be supported there yet (where is detailed documentation on this SDK? I can't find the right link to it from http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/python/ and ended up just searching the python code itself).

Also the "related ideas" on the left here don't draw right in Chrome. I can only read the last few words of each.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have installed the browser script but I want to block certain items it sent to the app insights like the pagename. Can this be done?

I have installed the browser script but I want to block certain items it sends to the app insights like the pagename. Can this be done? (for security reason not everything can be sent)

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Application Insights to filter on custom data

Request filtering in Application Insights should allow you to see and filter your custom data on the request sent in the telemetry.

To repo, click a request and see DeveloperMode already in the Custom Data portion of the Request details. Now go to prior blade listing the Requests and click Filter, see that you cannot filter Custom Data properties. This is really unfortunate because I have critical data passed as a custom property via an ITelemetryInitializer implementation that I need to filter by.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. (Near) Realtime refresh of Application Insight's blades

The teams at my company use Application Insights to track all sorts of data. Each team room has a screen where the AppInsights can b displayed. Problem is, the data isn't auto refreshed by the portal, you have to manually refresh it. And if you add a browser extension to auto reload the tab, the charts are not being displayed after the browser refresh. So, no way to have the data being auto refreshed.

Can't you sprinkle some SignalR magic to the portal? :)

Thanks you in advance!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add web hooks for Application Insights alerts.

SQL Azure alerts have an option to add web hooks but this option is missing from Application Insights. It would be really useful to add this for custom notifications.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The AppInsights panels are confusing

I'm afraid I can't make head or tail of the AppInsights panels. The output seems inconsistent from one day to the next and inaccurate (sometimes it says "No data is available in this time period" when I know that I have used the site). Also, why does it show information in some areas (eg Browser page load), but in others it says "Learn how to collect server response time data (or request data, or failed request data) and if click on that link, it says "Add Application Insights to your project!", which I have already done! What on earth is…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow me to set a high water and low water value for scaling alerts.

Right now if you have alerts setup for scaling on an AppService you get an email or webhook alert for EVERY scaling event. I would like to be able to set a high water value that if the number of servers is >= to a value like 6 it would send out the alert email. I know my processes will scale during the day and that is expected behavior, I only want to know when it gets out of control. The low water would be used to clear the alert. When it comes back down and is < this value…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include Referral URL in page view data

Even though there is a 'Page view referral URL base' item to select when grouping data in Metrics Explorer there seems to be no data related to referral URL because as soon as I select it data disappears from chart with 'No data is available in this time period.' in it.

Is this an actual issue or it is just me?

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple additional administrators in rules

I want to add multiple additional administrator email addresses in rules for Application Insights.

An alternative is that I can pick specific administrators instead of all.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to search resource groups when adding app insights app

It would be helpful to filter and/or search through resource groups when creating a new app insights app

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable multistage webtests with more than 100 steps or display an error message

When trying to upload a multistep webtest (.webtest file recorded with Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Update 4) with more than 100 steps the webtest is not saved after clicking on create in the Azure portal preview.

No error message is displayed.

When trying to implement this web test into the old Application Insights on visualstudio.com the following exception is thrown:

TFS.ServerException: {"error":{"code":"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.\r\nParameter name: Visual Studio Web Test 'application_097db831-d67d-4540-b475-611d516cf5dd1426072617821_apac-jp-kaw-edge' has exceeded maximum number of requests '100'.\r\nVisual Studio Web Test 'application_097db831-d67d-4540-b475-611d516cf5dd1426072617821_emea-fr-pra-edge' has exceeded maximum…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. TelemetryClient.Flush should be synchronous

Everybody else uses Flush() to describe a synchronous flush. AI should also send synchronously. The call is pretty useless otherwise.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deleting App Insight doesn't delete web tests

I deleted an app insight (AI1) which contained a webtest. I then created an app insight (AI2) that pointed to the same deployment. I noticed WT1 was still running as it was reported in AI2. The only way to delete this was to re-add AI1, and the delete the webtest.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me change the aggregation of custom metrics

When you use custom metrics in App Insights, they are always aggregated as an average. I have metrics that I would like to be summed within the time slices in the metrics explorer, but it won't let me.

As a result, I have to just log large numbers of events and use the count. Obviously, that doesn't work for non-discreet metric values (e.g. 4.5).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lost default dashboard, can't recreate it or create a new one

Site says:

Dashboard not found
    Dashboard 'Dashboard' no longer exists.

Right before the dashboard's death, I've tried to change the timespan for the Application Insights tile, and Dashboard asked me if I want to save settings or not. As I didn't intend to change it, I said no, and, voila, my dashboard is gone.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Additional Services

Categories