What additional services should Azure provide?

Allow Application Insights to be viewed by non Azure Administrators

Please add a way for non administrators to be able to view application insights data. Currently it appears that you have to be an Azure admin to see this information.

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeff Pigott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan Collier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting a similar problem. I am trying to setup some web tests on a coworker's azure account. He gave me Reader & Application Insights Component Contributor, then Owner roles for that resource group. As the owner I then went and gave myself all the other roles, one by one, and logging off and back on each time and it still says 'No Access' and the '+Add Web Test' button is still greyed out. This seems like a bug. Any ideas?

• Qing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So far, I can only see that Application Insights is essentially an admin support tool. Currently, it is not for multi-tenants application with multi-tenant views (i.e. each tenant can only view its own data tracking). If I am wrong, could anyone correct me? If I am right, it would be important for Microsoft to develop true multi-tenant version of Application Insights as multi-tenancy is the essential feature of Cloud application.

• Qing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have a Cloud Service (or Web Page) with multi-tenants and using Application Insights for customer page/event tracking, is there a way through configuration/coding to allow each tenant to login and view tracking data of that tenant?

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, this is available and non-admins are able to get to the AppInsigts dashboard. But even when I add non-Subscription Admins as Contributor or Owner, they still can not view web test results or alerts. These tiles show: NO ACCESS

• Jeff Pigott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry this is available today from going to settings and then users from inside application insights.

Feedback and Knowledge Base