What additional services should Azure provide?

Drop ClearDB and develop a native Azure MySQL compatible database

Drop ClearDB and develop a native Azure MySQL compatible database with scalability options similar to Google and Amazon.

2,328 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave Bown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Connection Limits for the ClearDB is what makes it almost useless besides the fact that it is the most overpriced MySQL DB I have ever seen.

• Parvez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highly important.... I had 2 new solution from client which eventually had to deviate from Azure due to no native support for MySQL

• Ken Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please offer something similar to AWS RDS for MySQL. SuccessBricks (aka CleardB) refuses to work with U.S. Government on FedRamp leaving no viable PaaS solution for MySQL on Azure.

• Goutham Pulluri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use spring and mysql. I like the support azure has for docker and kubernetes and our initial issues of deploying our app on azure are pretty much solved except for the database. Cleardb is horrible. Please provide native support for mysql otherwise you will remain closed to a majority of the market.

• MiKe QZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We Just moved to Amazon... I really liked the UI and Feel of Azure, but that ClearDb only supports mysql 5.5 ! and does not allow triggers or table Views! , only the dedicated plan that costs 75$ p month! Come on... Of course I moved to Amazon RDs Mysql. They support Mysql 5.6, and have triggers and views and you can select which region, machine type, and Free 20GB ...

I could not run my simple wordpress website on Azure! Lol, i had to move to Amazon.
        You need to Fix this quickly... I just moved and started to build our Startup service there.

ClearDb sucks big time. I will definitely look for a cloud alternative out of Azure while this is not changed. Deal braker for me, too bad.

My godness, please do this, the service is awful and the prices are completely scandalous (I mean 10$ per month if you want more than 20meg ?? SERIOUSLY ?)

• Maxim Agaronov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates or plans on this? ClearDB recently migrated to "their own pricing", and say that I need to put my payment info directly into their portal. Even though I can't even access it outside of clicking "Manage" on a database in Azure. This is getting really confusing and round-about.

Please help the CMS community and add some sort of Azure's own managed MySQL database offering! I don't even care if it's priced the same as ClearDB at this point, I just don't want to run something as critical and integral as a database for my Websites as some third-party service, disconnected from my actual app.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all comments on this - is there a response coming anytime soon?

• BeBe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ClearDB is terrible and the price does not reflect its performances. Can't you just make a simple scalable MySQL database with the option to pay based on what you use? I would love it.

Im trying to build a scalable wordpress site but the performance of clearDB and the pricing is a problem. We are considerering to build our own DB server for tests but we woudl love to be able to use a Azure native mySQL solution. Could u guys contact the mariaDB team I think they would corporate.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a WordPress site using ClearDB in azure (plan with 30 connections) and the connection to the DB is slow and the max connection limit is way too low... I had to use our on-premise MySQL Server to be able to use the site... but that makes the admin site really slow (the public site uses caching)

• Bart Cailxto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

credit card requirement for msdn or bizspark members is frustrating. even for students. Also the free edition is almost useless. I always end up creating a virtual machine with mysql on it for $0. It nonsense

Feedback and Knowledge Base