What additional services should Azure provide?

allow me to set a high water and low water value for scaling alerts.

Right now if you have alerts setup for scaling on an AppService you get an email or webhook alert for EVERY scaling event. I would like to be able to set a high water value that if the number of servers is >= to a value like 6 it would send out the alert email. I know my processes will scale during the day and that is expected behavior, I only want to know when it gets out of control. The low water would be used to clear the alert. When it comes back down and is < this value it would clear the alert or send me a "healthy" message. Like I get when I have alerts setup for stuff like page response time.

The values shouldn't just be >= or < it should be user configurable like the scaling rules themselves.

This would make the scaling alerts meaningful to us. Currently it is noise in my inbox that must be monitored. I could do this all by creating my own Azure Function and intercept this and parse it, but why should I have to do this. This should be built in. We could then tie this alert into PagerDuty.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Eric Renken shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon