What additional services should Azure provide?

Please Consider User Interface for Azure Key Vault

Come on, team! What's this PowerShell/CLI nonsense. You know you work for a company that created WINDOWS, right?!?! Using a CLI is difficult, error-prone, and a nasty way of development. It is the very reason why WINDOWS was created!

Look, I get the convenience of automation and etc, but let's not forget our roots here, right team?! WINDOWS AND PRETTY INTERFACES FOR EVERY DEVELOPER!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And besides, they say it is "coming soon" in this video:
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/videos/episode-169-azure-key-vault-with-sumedh-barde/

Where? I don't have another 90 minutes to find out. Someone who has 90 minutes and enjoys the prospect of being lied to by a project manager can find out on their own and tell us in the comments below.

LET'S GO TEAM AZURE!!! WINDOWS FOR THE WIN!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike-EEE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can you state that a CLI is difficult and error-prone when, as a developer, all you do is type code all day? Just a thought.

• Sumedh Barde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Azure Key Vault user interface is now in preview in the Azure portal. Please give it a try and provide feedback to AzureKeyVault AT microsoft.com.

• A. Probst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Powershell is useless and does not work for me, Keyvault seems to be by far the best way to use keys for both security as well as ease of design but I do not have access to it because I can not get Powershell to work.

• Mike-EEE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK I totally have my facts messed up, turns out this is a PROGRAM manager that "promised" this was coming soon... and he was in fact talking about other CLI's that were not windows. Also, the video is 50 minutes and not 90.

Man, talk about a hat trick of fail! Anyways, I wanted to get that straight. Additionally, the moment at which this happens in the video is 37:55. Yes, this video is so good I have watched it twice. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base