Additional Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me change the aggregation of custom metrics

When you use custom metrics in App Insights, they are always aggregated as an average. I have metrics that I would like to be summed within the time slices in the metrics explorer, but it won't let me.

As a result, I have to just log large numbers of events and use the count. Obviously, that doesn't work for non-discreet metric values (e.g. 4.5).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable multistage webtests with more than 100 steps or display an error message

When trying to upload a multistep webtest (.webtest file recorded with Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Update 4) with more than 100 steps the webtest is not saved after clicking on create in the Azure portal preview.

No error message is displayed.

When trying to implement this web test into the old Application Insights on visualstudio.com the following exception is thrown:

TFS.ServerException: {"error":{"code":"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.\r\nParameter name: Visual Studio Web Test 'application_097db831-d67d-4540-b475-611d516cf5dd1426072617821_apac-jp-kaw-edge' has exceeded maximum number of requests '100'.\r\nVisual Studio Web Test 'application_097db831-d67d-4540-b475-611d516cf5dd1426072617821_emea-fr-pra-edge' has exceeded maximum…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unable to use IP as URL (https://x.x.x.x) in web test?

In VSO App Insights I was able to create a web test that was using the dedicated IP (https://x,x,x,x). Azure App Insights will not accept this same format. I would rather not have to create A records for individual nodes if I do not have to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [bug] Diagnostic Search doesn't show traces in sequential order

I made an application to send a sequence of traces with TelemetryContext.TrackTrace. I placed a session identifier in order to look for and display only the traces of a single user session.

When looking for the session id, the traces are displayed in the search results, but they don't appear in the same sequence i wrote them in the programming. Maybe this feature is either doing the sorting based on the date the traces are received rather than the date they were created during the application execution, or the date format used to store the date hasn't enough precision.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow to search resource groups when adding app insights app

It would be helpful to filter and/or search through resource groups when creating a new app insights app

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't create an App Insights resource with a subscription where I'm a co-admin

I'm the co-admin on a shared subscription and would like to create an App Insights resource there. However I only see my personal subscription as a choice, and not the subscription I'm the co-admin on.

How do I create the App Insights resource with that subscription?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deleting App Insight doesn't delete web tests

I deleted an app insight (AI1) which contained a webtest. I then created an app insight (AI2) that pointed to the same deployment. I noticed WT1 was still running as it was reported in AI2. The only way to delete this was to re-add AI1, and the delete the webtest.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Where are the user stats like screen resolution and os version ?

Maybe this is just hard to find, but I can't seem to find user stats like screen resolution and os version. Is this just not available? If so: Can you please make this available?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Errors with App Insights

Clicking on app insights yields the following error :

Unable to locate blade '##NOT_SPECIFIED##' in extension definition. Search patth:'[0]AppInsightsExtension-[1]##NOT_SPECIFIED##'.

All I did was attempt to view the analytics from the preview portal ...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Application Insights for Windows Phone 8 broken since redirect to Microsoft Azure site

Over the past few days, Application Insights has been broken.

Clicking on the Open Application Insights... menu item in a Visual Studio 2013 U3 Windows Phone 8 project no longer opens the Insights.

How can we get access to the former page that worked?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Portal support for CORS configuration

Hi - I need to configure CORS on our storage accounts, but I can't find a way to do that using the Portal. I also downloaded the Python SDK, but it doesn't seem to be supported there yet (where is detailed documentation on this SDK? I can't find the right link to it from http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/python/ and ended up just searching the python code itself).

Also the "related ideas" on the left here don't draw right in Chrome. I can only read the last few words of each.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Application Insights not recording telemetry when added through Extensions in the portal

I created an application insights resource and then tried to link it to one of my web apps through the add Extensions option in the Azure portal. But, I was not able to see any telemetry being generated for the web app, even after 24 hours.

It however worked for me in another web app, but this time I had added the application insights using NuGet package in Visual Studio, instead of adding the extensions in the portal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Additional Services

Categories