Additional Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FTP as a service

FTP is used a log for integration. It's often a common need and a common customer request. I would like to have an FTP/FTPS offering that would be HA & Auto scalable (with several pricing tier).
    - A simple one with basic security : should cover most need (TLS / encryption at rest)
    -A more advanced one maybe with Azure AD integration

Storage should be HA (Using Azure Blob or Azure Files).
    I would like just to have a PaaS service and do not care about the infrastructure.

Future feature like : Integration to Azure Network, Private endpoint (no public endpoint exposed), can come after.
    With…

1,775 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1,223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it simple to set up an SFTP server

One click set up of an SFTP service hosted by Azure (no dedicated VM required).

562 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrated Certificate Service

Buying, managing and configuring Certificates is a hassle. It would be great if you could cut a Certificate from the Azure Certificate service directly.
    Optionally have it adjust your configuration to make the proper changes for it's use.

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ability to filter our 401 Failed Requests in Application Insights

When monitoring an application that uses NT Auth 401 request failures are expected because it is part of the authentication process. But it makes it really hard to find real failed requests because their are so many 401 failures in the failed request section.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pin Application Insights charts to the dashboard

It should be possible to pin a custom app insights chart to the home page. Or at least customize the app insights blade for a site with a set of custom charts.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Application Insights to be viewed by non Azure Administrators

Please add a way for non administrators to be able to view application insights data. Currently it appears that you have to be an Azure admin to see this information.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offer RabbitMQ as PaaS

It would be awesome if you supported RabbitMQ similar way you do for ServiceBus.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Resource Group Deployments Should Have No Limit

The current limit is 800 deployments which is easily done in a DevOps scenario with infrastructure as code.

After you hit the 800 limit, you have to manually run a script to clear up the history or you can no longer deploy to the resource group.

This should automatically rollover on its own.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Team Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bing Reverse Image Search with API

Reverse Image Search like Google Image Search or Tineye.com. Also, provide an API.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MySQL Pricing is high

MySQL Prices is very high. It is 2x more than other competitors. 5GB MySQL costs 50$.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  ClearDB  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Persist Time Range Selection

Currently my time range selection is not persisted, even within the same resource or resource group. Once clicking back from a detail blade the time range reverts back to 24 hours. This greatly impedes troubleshooting in an alerting scenario. May be a bug but necessary to have for production troubleshooting.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OpenEHR Clinical Data Repository for Health

HL7 FHIR supports technical interoperability, but it does not provide a standardised approach to storage clinical data. Where the requirements lie with integration between health data providers, FHIR is a powerful tool. However, the wider definition of a digital patient records and their persistence requires additional tooling. OpenEHR is a standard that has been developed to provide a specification for these use cases. It is currently underpinning millions of patient records across the globe in Russia, Slovenia, Norway and the United Kingdom.

Validated and governed models are created as archetypes, and formulated into use case specific templates. These can be…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New product like LightSail on your cloud products

Hello Azure, a product like LightSail on your cloud products would be amazing. I actually manage various VPS on LightSail and I will be charmed to move to a similar product as easy as posible on your cloud.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Restore the Visual Studio designer functionality of the ReportViewer WinForms control that was in previous versions

The ReportViewerControl for WInForms was removed from the Visual Studio IDE in VS2017. Now it is a NuGet package that is downloaded. The current NuGet download is “Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms” version 150.1358.0.

After installing the package to the solution, you add it to the Toolbox manually browsing to the DLL in the solution’s packages folder and drop it on a form.

Here is where the control is broken. The control does not appear on the form, it shows as a non-visual component below the form. You have to manually add the control to the form by editing the Form1.Designer.cs file.

Adding this…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Portal support for CORS configuration

Hi - I need to configure CORS on our storage accounts, but I can't find a way to do that using the Portal. I also downloaded the Python SDK, but it doesn't seem to be supported there yet (where is detailed documentation on this SDK? I can't find the right link to it from http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/python/ and ended up just searching the python code itself).

Also the "related ideas" on the left here don't draw right in Chrome. I can only read the last few words of each.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "virtual desktop"

Please allow Windows Virtual Desktop to be able to Join Azure AD and remove the requirement for Active Directory.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Design a restricted runtime model so small short-lived services can be deployed with less latency.

I would like to be able to rely on Azure to run very short but highly parallel jobs that might, say, consume 1000 CPUs for 30 seconds each. Startup costs make this prohibitive.

Consider how useful this would be for the problem of doing a custom semantic web search, or searching through a large configuration space of some simply defined problem for the configuration which yields the highest utility.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have installed the browser script but I want to block certain items it sent to the app insights like the pagename. Can this be done?

I have installed the browser script but I want to block certain items it sends to the app insights like the pagename. Can this be done? (for security reason not everything can be sent)

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  App Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)