Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow unsubscribing from Azure AD Connect Sync errors detected email

I am receiving emails to notify me of Azure AD Connect Sync errors being detected for a tenant which is not related to me. My email has been put there by mistake maybe. There should be some way for me to cancel receiving these emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switch first and second faktor

Make it possible to authenticate with OTP as first factor and if a strong authentication is needed the password works as second factor.
    Should be configured per App

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the guide to reset passwords, being clearer in the questions and validating the answers

Improve the guide to reset passwords, being clearer in the questions and validating the answers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 'What if' tool - ability to see how disabled policies affect users

The 'what if' tool currently shows how policies will affect a user in a given situation, but only for enabled policies.
    I suggest that the tool should also show policies that WOULD affect the user, IF they were active. Currently all disabled policies just get added to the list of policies that will not apply.
    This would help when testing new policies, to get a view of the impact before actually enabling the policy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There appears to be no way to add or remove anything. My companie adminstrator said I could add my office phone. It doesn't work

My company administrator said I could add my office phone in place of my cell phone but they cannot. It doesn't work. I don't have access to anything

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remote log in to e-mails

I tried accessing my e-mail remotely and as a measure of authentication it kept calling my work land line. Why would I log in remotely if I am at work?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Global Administrators Group

For non-hybrid environments that use Domain Services it would help to have a default global administrators group that new user accounts can be added to for new administrators which allows these users to make changes within Active Directory and to Group Policies without having to edit permissions or delegate control over OU's.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please create Application tutorial for user provisioning in bluejeans network accounts

Please create Application tutorial for user provisioning in bluejeans network accounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SaaS Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Azure AD Redeem invite / Displayname

I invite a user to AAD using the MSGraph API. The user recieves a custom e-mail with the redeem url.

But at the redeem page you get to fill in your displayname which seems to be prefilled with the front part of the e-mail account. Or it should be possible to pass a hint for this field or it should take the displayname of the user account created by createinvitation in AAD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Authenticator Issue

I used Microsoft authenticator App in Android for two-step verification where app is protected with device security (device password). When I tried to login from web browser then I had been asked to approve from authenticator from mobile app (as expected), when I tried to approve from app it should prompt the device password (as its protected by device password), instead of that it allows me to approve from App screen itself - which is weird in terms of security concerns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My standalone devices have been hijacked by unknown domain using Azure

My networked devices have all been hijacked by unknown domain, host, or server using Azure. I do not have sufficient permissions to remove devices because C&C is now in hostile “host” whose name I cannot determine and whose up address does not resolve. It is very sophisticated and seem to replace “Windows” (10) OS with “WINDOWS” (NT). I have tried every conceivable way to remove devices but my “local” device isn’t even “local” aNYMore. The built in admin, all drivers, all permissions are decided by an anonymous bandwidth thief who has not yet demanded any ransome but I still feel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disasterous

Junk it! I've been trying for 1/2 hour. By the time I've sent in a code sent to me, I've received 3 or 4 more new codes. None of them work. Infuriating. Junk it and let me get to my email which is important! Such incompetence... What's the use of sending you my cofc account, I can't get in to read it. **** such incompetence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SaaS Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add Option of unlimited expire period Access Token.

I am using ADLS with AAD as a sink of Stream analytics, but the maximum expire period of access token is 90 days.
    So, I have to refresh access token every 90days. I do not want to refresh any more.
    So Please add Option of unlimited expire period Access Token.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ADFS - subject attribute support in AuthN requests

ADFS should send Subject attribute in AuthN requests to IDP. This feature is useful to pre-fill username field at IDP level when there is an SP-Initiated request

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base