Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a comment textbox or comment # to Custom Expressions

For the most part custom expressions can be quite hard to read in the MIM portal interface. For complex scenarios it would be helpful to be able to comment on the code, what it actually does. So a way of commenting on the code would be nice. Perhaps with # like Powershell, or a separate textbox or something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Identity Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automated user provisioning for ClickSoftware

Please add automated user provisioning profile for ClickSoftware Field Service Edge

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve User Location or disable

The location shown for most users are off by more than 300 km or 180 miles making the feature more or less useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Double Click behaviour when selecting an Attribute in the MetaVerse Designer Tab

When you double click an attribute on the MetaVerse Designer screen, it would be better for the Precedence list to appear, rather than the edit attribute screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Identity Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. typo in portal.azure.com AD Applications dialog

typo in portal.azure.com AD Applications dialog for assigning user to application

Assinging should be assigning

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. B2C directory cannot be deleted with Visual Studio Enterprise subscription

Following all the instructions available, it is not possible to delete a B2C tenant that was briefly used for development purposes.

There is only one user in the tenant.
    There are no applications remaining in the directory. (other than Office 365 Management APIs which cannot be deleted)

The classic portal still reports that there are applications remaining and will not delete the B2C directory.

Feedback has also been submitted from portal.azure.com with a screen shot displaying that it thinks there are App registrations while listing no app registrations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Health Alerts

I am receiving alerts that our AAD connect Sync service account does not have permissions to update AD Objects. However a few mins later I receive a mail saying the issue is resolved. I am uncertain if there is an issue or now. The mail I receive does not have any way for me to contact to some one to get more info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to submit current access token to Edit policy

I'd like to be able to launch the Edit policy without being prompted for user name and password again, by passing in a current access token. Right now (using the MSAL in a Xamarin app) the user has to re-authenticate just to update their personal info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. (Portal) Search field loses focus if you click on it before the initial list has loaded.

In the new portal there are several places where you get a list with a search field at the top. This search field has the initial keyboard focus. However - confusingly - if you click it it actually loses focus. Typing then acts as keyboard shortcuts for the Azure portal taking you to different pages and you lose what you had open.

After the initial list of items has loaded you can click the search field, but while it is loading it can't be selected. Tested in IE 11 + latest Chrome.

Examples where this can be seen:
    https://portal.azure.com/#blade/MicrosoftAAD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AzureAD Group self-service setting naming in 'new' Portal

In the old portal the setting for enabling AzureAD Group self-service for users has named like this: USERS WHO CAN USE SELF-SERVICE FOR SECURITY GROUPS. This is what this setting is doing. The same setting within the new portal is named like this: ‘Users who can manage security groups’.
    To me this new 'naming' of the same setting is confusing because of the word 'manage' in the new naming. Personally I think the old naming is more descriptive for this setting. I don't know what other people are thinking?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow services to be moved into Resource Groups that are not empty

Right now I can move services in azure to an empty Resource Group, but I cannot move resources into a RG that is not empty. I'm trying to organize and consolidate resources, but this limitation in moving resources is nearly useless if the RG must be empty. I would love to move an app service plan and one of its web apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Add a Group feature does not work in Chrome

The Add a Group feature does not work in Chrome through a Remote Desktop. Clicking appears disabled, though you can tab through the first two fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Active Directory Application ID should be enabled

I am following Step 3 from https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/samples/active-directory-dotnet-webapp-wsfederation/ that has point 7 "Find the Application ID value and copy it to the clipboard"
    However in AAD Application Property Application ID is disabled and doesn't have copy button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I cannot log in

I can't be bothered to type it all out again. My message got lost when I logged in to this feedback site :-(

When I log out from my company account, close my browser and then go to portal.azure.com - I automatically get logged back into my company account. I cannot use my personal account anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show help when adding an identity provider to the microsoft docs

When adding an identity provider, there is no help provided to get started... this, for newcomers, should definitely be provided... there are docs on microsoft docs, but no direct link from the portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Offer a cheaper version of AD Domain Services for testing / ALM scenarios

The price for AD Domain services is justifiable for a production environment but is high for ALM environments (dev, QA, etc.). In certain scenarios separate AD domains for non production ALM environments are required. But at the current rates it is cheaper to use a Azure VM as a domain controller than using AD domain services. I think if Azure offers a certain offering as PAAS it should be cheaper than setting it up as IAAS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. azure ad admin consent export/import

When IT admin brock to add app by user(user consent), s/he need to add partner app.
    to add app by admin is dificult.
    need easy way..

partner side: export app setting or mail to it admi n of customer side

customer side: import setting file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add registered owner to Device command

Add registered owner as a property when running "Get-AzureADDevice"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Finer Deep Inspection Options

Currently Depp Inspection is an all-or-nothing setting.

It would be highly useful if there was a level of customization - either as a 'Only Selected Groups/Users', or a setting to override Local Agents where the online service would happily process the additional info.

Specifically, we have found the product causes a few sites to not work as expected. And installer doesn't always place the custom Root CA in each workstation's Trusted Root Authority store - something we are working on. So it makes it very difficult to test the functionality by including or excluding users via GPO, AD Groups, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base