Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. to restrict users ability to creae groups with same name on office 365. Same name group will not sync auto provisioning saas application.

If there was a restriction in users ability to create groups with same name on office 365. Same name group will not sync during auto provisioning with Saas application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups/Dynamic groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. how can we get the servicePlan display name with can be displayed to client

skuNumber using differenet services . I want display name of these services is there any api .If not how can i access or get theses name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Acquire access token in AADDS

We have several legacy desktop apps we remote host through an AADDS joined VM. These apps need to login to an Azure SQL server. Currently we are using Active Directory - Password authentication and the user has to key their password in each time.

Since the user is logged into the VM using their Azure AD account, it would be nice if there was a way to retrieve their access token and then we could login to SQL using that instead.

I've looked and I don't see anyway to do this at this time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  2 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Administrators: what happens when they get a new phone no. with two-step?

Okay, I'm an office.com administror for my robertdwilkens.tech

I've gotten a new phone no.

The result, I am asked to do two step, and it makes a phone call to whomever has the old phone no.

The advice on page is to contact the administrator.

Terrific, I am the administrator, I am aware I have a new phone no., however due to the brilliant (serious!) design of this system -- it seems i as the administrator cannot change my own phone no.

Someone, fix this. Just get rid of two-step if it does not work or is not fixable. Dumb…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More descriptive categories for classifying suspect logins

Instead of "Resolve," "Ignore," and "Mark as false positive," the categories should be based on the resolution, e.g.,
    1. One-Time User Behaviour - represents an event that is verified to correspond to the user's actual behaviour, but is not likely to re-occur in the next few months at least.
    2. Regular User Behaviour - represents an event that is verified to correspond to the user's actual behaviour, and should be treated by Microsoft as something to be expected in the future.
    3. Verified Malware - represents an event that has been traced to unintentional user behaviour, such as malware.
    4.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. azure AD connect clear failed exports

I recently got stuck with bad thumbnail photos trying to sync to AAD from AD. After changing them on premise, changing them in the cloud, trying to set the field to NULL with sync transforms, I couldn't get it to get past these failed exports. AAD Connect needs the ability to clear these failed exports as opposed to wiping the whole thing out and starting over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. cesser de redemander constamment les mots de passe. Je suis privé d'accès à OUTLOOK depuis plus de 15 jours! e

cesser de redemander constamment les mots de passe. Je suis privé d'accès à OUTLOOK depuis plus de 15 jours!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop asking me to add security questions. I don't want them on my account. I'm not adding them. Stop trying to force it.

Stop trying to force me to add security questions. I have too many possible answers. I just want to access my account quickly so I can get back to work. If I add them, I'll second guess what the answer is and possibly get it wrong and then be locked out of my account longer. It's happened before. Security questions are rubbish and you are affecting my ability to treat my patients in a negative fashion by slowing me down by hitting to decline 3 times to log into my work account and another two times to check me email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alias

After I entered my phone number. I went to enter an email. Then I decided I didn’t need to use that email as I do not really monitor the email entered. I went to remove said email to just stick w/ my phone muber for my window user profile. Now windows is making me keep the email I barely use as my new alias and not remove without adding another email. I do not like this at all. Not everyone has a bunch of emails plus I want my phone number to be my original alias. Give me that option…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding a Group to Favorites

I would like to add a Group to Favorites of sidebar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups/Dynamic groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. enterprise

We have a old application which have enabled the Skype for business so it is now Enterprise app. For new app, we can modify the mainfest, but we cannot do that for the old one, how to do it? thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable in AAD admin portal for allow only select users or groups to change password from Office 365 Portal

This option is for the user security for not allow change password if the user is not enable MFA, in the case that other user know your password and MFA is not enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. hubert@ptw.cloud

Extend the AAD B2C Azure Portal blades to also view and manage the current values of a user's custom attributes (claims). This is currently only possible via the Graph-API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save Usage Analytics

Allow Usage Analytics to be saved and reviewed at least over a month period. Perhaps though some automation and allow it to be exportable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow fine grained control over storage and containers with AAD users

Azure Storage allows fine grained controls via sas tokens; however, this should also be available for AAD Users.

In addition:
    * Allow read metadata but not file data
    * Allow write but not overwrite

This would better suit blob drop scenarios where a service is responsible for writing data but cannot overwrite data once the file is present.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Android user contact sir

May be android not using wifi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Integration Runtimes & connections just work out of the box. No installer, no dependencies.

Installing the Self Hosted Integration Runtime seems like a workaround when we have cloud processes running. This IR broke when I needed a second ADF V2 running against Oracle.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow assignment of specific license type to a specific people

Please, add the option to allow assignment of specific license types to a specific people/group of people. For example specific user can assign/remove only Power BI PRO licenses and not other type of license. Currently the only option is to assign a License Administrator or User Administrator role but then he can manage all licenses which is not desired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base