Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security Reports Include other attributes in Reports

I am missing the ability for the reports to include more attributes than the UPN, many organizations use another alternate id than their e-mail as a UPN and with that the Reports doesn't really give any value.

So adding other attributes like smtp and sip would be beneficial for an example the users at risk report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Identity Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proceed with Sign-up if clicked on Sign-in and no account exists

Currently, if the user clicks on Sign-in and use Facebook/Linkedin, if no account is found, there is a generic server error returned back to the website.

Ideally, the system should display a more meaningful message or even proceed with the sign-up instead.

Sign-up if the account is already in the system, works better, as the correct message is displayed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PIM audit filter shouldn't be persisted across sessions

When a PIM audit filter is applied, the settings are persisted across sessions, so if I close the audit blade and re-open the list is already filtered. This doesn't work the same as other audit filters (e.g. activity log). I assume this is different since AAD doesn't use activity logs as it isn't managed by ARM.
    Please change so a new session defaults to 'no filter'.
    Alternatively, filter profiles could be used to allow for a bespoke default filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privileged Identity Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PIM role assignment blade filter to include select all/select none

When filtering the list of roles/users, there is no option to 'select all/select none' making it several clicks to see the users for a single role, or just a few roles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privileged Identity Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. give the multiple user delete facility to login user

suppose i am adding mote than 500 users to Azure AD from csv or excel file and i want to delete 100 or 200 user from Azure AD so at that time multiple delete option will be helpful to user otherwise he bored with his work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide ability if we want to use SP or IDP auth for apps in the marketplace

I'd like the ability to pick what form of auth is used for apps I install from the marketplace. For example, if I install the Salesforce app it only allows setup for SP. In order to use IDP I have to create a non-gallery app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Data Residency in HKDC, SGDC and Japan

The Asia division of a global insurance company has many customer facing applications that would like to consider using our B2C services. Due to the regulatory requirement, they need the data to be reside in the local regions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Addition of DAU

Add in DAU data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Identity provider for more than one platform in a single Azure AD B2C Tenant

Hi, We were using B2C to setup facebook login. We were able to add an identity provider whose client id and client secret were linked to facebook IOS App. But we also require to set up facebook login on app running on Android. How can we do it in the same tenant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The AD blade does not load properly in chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

In other browsers (IE11, Edge, FF) this parts starts greyed out, but after seconds it is selectable.

In Chrome it stays greyed out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. shared mailbox

How do I stop paying for whatever it is that is costing $$$$$$$$$$$$$? It looks like I'm being charged $9 per shared mailbox imported from o365 with no clarity as to who what why or how to fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Excel/PowerBI PowerQuery Active Directory query to work with AzureAD

Not sure if this is in the right section, so move to right tag if desired.

Both Excel and PowerBI have a tool called PowerQuery which can pull data from an on premises Active Directory and create great reports. It would be nice if we could connect to our AD in Office 365 to create reports, such as group members, account listings, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure AD Connect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Login with live not working showing error

This item might not exist or is no longer available. After clicking login with live . what needs to be done using hybridauth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. consolidate the old MFA Trusted IPs page

Collapse/consolidate the old MFA Trusted IPs page (contains bugs we've discovered into the Ibiza portal. Its very confusing & we've discovered bugs ).

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/usermanagement/mfasettings.aspx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I feel when we use **** directory option, it should be directed to selected one menu rather than main menu.

I feel when we use **** directory option, it should be directed to selected one menu rather than main menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Ad Connect - Add possibility to disconnect a jobject with custom Rule

There is no-way to disconnect a connected object with a rule.

CASE:
    - I've user Mark.Lee@tailspin.com has contact from a AD of my Contoso.com Domain
    - I've a custom rule that Set CloudFilter = true for all contact with @tailspin.com suffix address
    - I reiceve a user with same email address from AD tailspin.com

PROBLEM:
    Both connector will joined to same metaverse object and user is not exported to Office365 and CloudFilter=true

I'already found some workarounds to avoid this but these not acceptable from customer for workload needed.

PROPOSAL FOR A NEW FEATURES:
    - Add possibility to disconnect a connector…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Enterprise application pages stays in loading state in Chrome 56

The page https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/ManagedAppMenuBlade/objectId/{objectId} stays in loading state in Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit).
    It seems to work in other browsers though.
    No errors shown in dev console.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Refresh Tokens can take a long time to be exchanged

We are seeing an issue where it is taking a while for a refresh token to be exchanged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why I can sign-in to Azure Portal or why I cannot?

I have 2 test accounts (c0,c1), c0 can sign-in Azure Portal, c1 cannot. These 2 accounts are under their individual parent admin account (p0, p1), which I compared p0 & p1 on Office Portal Admin, and found no differences. And on Azure Portal, I cannot find any information on subscription of c0. I'd like to know why c0 can sign-in, c1 cannot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base