Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure AD AWS Cli Authentication

Following Microsoft article below, it is possible to federate Amazon AWS console with AzureAD
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/amazon-web-service-tutorial

but Amazon also provide API/CLI access to perform everything that is possible via the web console and more. Please see the link below for more info
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-welcome.html

To configure the CLI/API we used to use the credentials setup on IAM but with AzureAD authentication there is no IAM user anymore but instead we'd have to use AWS STS to get similar credentials.

As it stands, currently it is not possible to use AzureAD as an IDP for CLI access using federation.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/d0650c99-4186-4fe7-bc2f-f616aabf4ff7/azureadaws-integration-way-to-enable-samlbased-federated-access-to-the-cliapi-using-azuread?forum=WindowsAzureAD

In general, when…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  MyApps portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MicrosoftAzureActiveAuthn App Should be Hidden

There's an app visible to users in the portal - MicrosoftAzureActiveAuthn (https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/applications/signin/MicrosoftAzureActiveAuthn/0000001a-0000-0000-c000-000000000000?tenantId=REDACTED) - that is not a "real" app and shouldn't really be visible. Users that do click it arrive at an error page. We're not able to change its visibility via the Azure AD blade in the Azure Portal, however - the field is missing. I think that either the AAD or My Apps portal teams should take action to ensure this infrastructure app is not visible to users.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  MyApps portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edge Chromium support for Password SSO (My Apps Secure Sign-in Extension)

Currently Password SSO in Azure AD is not working on Edge Insider (Chromium) browsers. "My Apps Secure Sign-in Extension" seems only available for Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox. It will be very helpful if this extension is available as Edge Extension from Microsoft Store or built-in:
    https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/insider-addons/category/EdgeExtensions

Otherwise it could be a blocker for customers which are using this Azure AD feature to switch to modern Edge on Chromium.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  MyApps portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need the ability to add Microsoft built-in apps to the new MyApps Workspaces

When creating workspaces in the new My Apps Preview, I appear to be unable to add Microsoft Apps (Outlook, Office Suite, etc.) I can add Teams in the Admin portal but it doesn't show up in the workspace in MyApps.

I would like to be able to create workspaces with both Apps from SSO/Enterprise Applications and Microsoft's built-in Apps, especially since I can specify the ordering of applications!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MyApps portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Customization of the App Title Character Limit

The font size and character cutoff limit of application titles in the application portal cutoffs the title too soon before the ... appear. We would like the option to customize this limit or always show the full title of the application. We have several applications that share the same based name but have other text in the title to differentiate them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MyApps portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Password-based SSO should be logged on Sign-in Activity Log

Currently, password-based SSO is not logged on Azure AD sign-in activity log. Though Azure AD (browser extension) is simply sending credentials to the external app and the external web apps is utimately responsible for sign-in success/failure, AAD admins at least need a way to know who and when users started password-based SSO.

I believe AD FS security logs will be integrated to AAD sign-in logs. Password-based SSO sign-in acitivity should also be monitored in AAD sign-in log.

Could you add telemetry or sign-in activity logs for password-based SSO?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Organize Office 365 Apps to Collections

The ability to organize Office 365 Apps on your terms based on collections. As part of the Azure AD Enterprise Apps User settings, you've the ability to shown Office 365 Apps them all or hide them all in MyApps. Need the ability to assign/select Office 365 Apps to Collections to organize them in MyApps.

Now it's all (show them all) or nothing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. myapps portal new and old need more space for App Names

My users want more space to see app names. Hovering is cumbersome, and make our naming conventions for app difficult and far less descriptive than we'd like.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Users and Groups assigned to applications should dynamically be used for Collections

When creating a new collection, the users and groups already assigned to the applications should dynamically be used for the Users and Groups for the collection itself.

I don't see how the two would be different.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MyApps portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MFA Additional security verification page. Make Authenticator app Names Unique and Editable

The list of Authenticator Apps or Tokens is hard to use because the Apps names look similar (sometimes identical, like 'Authenticator app'). When adding a new Authenticator App (like Yubico) it will just add another 'Authenticator app' to the list. This makes it impossible to tell which one is which. Deleting an App removes the other app with the same name and throws an Error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Non Assigned Apps to be visible in the portal

Currently if an application is set to not require assignment the app will not show up in the application portal. Preferably applications that do not require assignment would be published to the portal as well. We have a large number of applications that are available to all users which we want to publish in the portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Extension (Chrome) keyboard shortcut to open

The current MyApps extension does not currently have a keyboard shortcut to open the search pane. We're happily migrating from Okta to MS MyApps - the Okta Chrome extension supported 'alt-o' to open the search bar of the extension. Adding this with an 'alt' letter function would greatly enhance usability and speed of the app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide apps from the myapps.microsoft.com portal

I want to be able to hide apps from the myapps portal. Specifically items like Bookings, Dynamics 365, Kaizala, etc. I've seen several posts requesting the same sort of thing (perhaps with different examples) and many were responded to indicating this is completed, but it is not.

None of these apps even show up in the Azure AD list of Enterprise or Microsoft apps, so you cannot mark them as hidden from users.

Here are references to some other posts asking for I think the same thing that have since been closed as completed.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/32884588-hide-default-microsoft-apps-in-myapps-microsoft-co

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/16242835-hide-client-based-apps-in-the-myapps-portals

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Update MyApps App on iOS/iPadOS so it works

The MyApps app on iOS/iPadOS used to work great. However, since the new experience automatically redirects, it no longer works and we just see a blank white screen. Please fix as this is absolutely critical for us to be able to use iOS/iPadOS devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. My Apps missing from PlayStore

My Apps missing from PlayStore

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support ?whr parameter in new My Apps portal

The new MyApps portal does not support displaying tenant branding on the login page. This means that if we setup login.contoso.com to redirect to myapplications.microsoft.com/whr=contoso.com, it just displays default Microsoft branding on the login page, confusing users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Visible to Users" option must apply in new MyApps Experience

Apps set to not be visible appear in the new MyApps experience. Furthermore, apps that are Outlook plug-ins or other authorized/consented apps appear and are not currently able to be hidden.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable selection and launch of applications shown in the MyApps portal by use of the keyboard

Some people prefer interaction with the keyboard over selection by a mouse; The MyApps Portal currently only allows launching an Application by double-click of the mouse, this could be extended to selection and launch by pressing a keyboard key (e.g. Enter) when an application is selected. The right application can now be selected by using the search function and use of the tab key; addition of the Enter Key for launching the application could speed up userinteraction with the panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Im tired everytime i use my computer instead of my phone i have to put this **** code in!!!! if my phone was off i wouldnt be able to access

Stop verification only through phone numbers. REAL INCONSIDERATE JUST LIKE Y'ALL GOVERNMENT AND PRESIDENT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base