Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access Reviews: Apply to new groups and/or multiple groups

It would be VERY beneficial to apply an Access Review policy to new groups as they are created, eliminating the management overhead of creating new policies AFTER each group created.
    Also, if a Access Review Policy could be applied to multiple groups at a time, Access Reviewmanagement overhead would be reduced.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback, we have made progress on this and the ability to apply the same policy to multiple groups (and applications) is now live! You can include multiple groups or apps in a single Azure AD access review for group membership or app assignment. Access reviews with multiple groups or apps are set up using the same settings and all included reviewers are notified at the same time. (more info in “What’s new in AAD, Feb 2019” https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/whats-new)

We’ll be continuing to work on applying an Access Review policy to new groups as they are created, and update here when that’s done.

/Fionna :)

2. Add Manager Option to Reviewers in Access Reviews

Our organization requires Managers to approve access to Applications. Please give the option to require a manager to approve application access via the Access Reviews option.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Justin, thanks for the feedback! It will definitely be helpful to have managers as the reviewers, there is a “manager” attribute in AAD’s user profile, but it’s currently a string only. We are working to improve the architecture first, then we can leverage the data to automatically assign managers to be reviewers. If you have any more feedback or questions on this, feel free to comment on this thread or email accessreviews@microsoft.com.

3. Access review for subscription

Expand access reviews to support Azure Subscription and Resources for explicit assigned identity.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access reviews should also apply to Directory access

Access Reviews should let you review guest users access on the directory level. Using a dynamic group with all guest users in it, I should be able to have access reviews DELETE the user from the Azure Active Directory rather than just removing the user from a group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the content of Access Review emails customizable.

The emails sent to complete an access review have unnecessary additional content (e.g. Microsoft Address) and do not allow addition of more information to help those that receive a message.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the feedback! Good news is that we are working to improve the emails to provide the reviewers the necessary information succinctly. Some of the information you see, the Microsoft logo and address, some are there because of legal reasons. We are actively working on this right now and will provide updates here.

Follow up question for you, what else do you think is unnecessary, and what would you like to see?

Thanks
    Fionna

6. Access review - domain admin & Global Admin

Hi,

Would be great if Access Reviews could include the on-prem group Domain Admins, and the Cloud based group GLobal Admins. Right now this is not possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you John for the feedback! My understanding is that you are referring to access reviews of privileged roles in the PIM experience.

In regards to reviewing on-prem group Domain Admins, historically, groups like that were blocked by AAD connecto for not sending them to AAD, so they are filtered out.

For cloud based group Global Admins, you can review global admins in the current PIM experience, these 2 articles should help you get started –
    docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-direc..

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-direc..

If you have any more questions – feel free to email accessreviews@microsoft.com

7. Access review

There should be a validation message to check the end date before or equal start date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to add exceptions to Access Reviews

Introduce the ability to add exceptions when creating Access Reviews

eg. This will allow us to exclude service accounts from the report of accounts that have not logged on in the last 30 days

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply access reviews to entire enterprise application

I would like to create an access review for ALL Teams to review guest membership so whenever someone adds an external user to their Team the review will occur. Currently I have to tell the access review policy which teams it applies to. Because my users can add their own teams I have to create a manual process to look at new teams and add them to an access review. I'd rather just apply it to the entire application so it happens with every Team that exists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change owner of the Access Review

Currently I am a owner of multiple Access Reviews. And my name is sent in the e-mail as owner of the Review. I would like an option to remove my name from the mail, and the option to sent the user to the service desk if they have questions about the Review.

What would be even better is the option to customize the e-mail which is sent to the users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the feedback and I’m glad we are thinking in the same direction! We have a plan to remove the "inviter"’s name in the email and replace it with a help desk link. Question for you, you mentioned that you prefer to have an “option” to send the users to service desk, 1) would this be an internal link specific to your organization, 2) should this be the default behavior, if not, what would you prefer? 3) another idea – would having a “friendly” description displayed to the users (different from the description the IT admin writes when creating the review), with a service desk link pasted in that description solve your problem?

Thanks
    Fionna

11. Access Reviews - Select Line Manager As Reviewer

Access for some applications/groups should be approved by the users manager. As the functionality is not available we cannot utilise the promising Access Review tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback! We have the work to add managers as reviewers in our backlog, will update here once we have a preview to share!

Currently, we do support group owners as the reviewers, would that help with your scenario?

Would this functionality be your only blocker to use access reviews? I would love to know how you review access right now, any timelines you have. Thanks!

- Fionna

12. mas amigable

Debería ser mas fácil de utilizar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group Owner is Inactive and disabled

We have a challenging situation to manage group owners in Azure Active Directory. If a person leaves organization, his/her identity will be set to "disabled" state. Is there a way automatic emails can be sent to admins notifying Group Owner ID is disabled for all the managed groups?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jaya, thanks for the feedback! I’d love to understand your scenario a bit more and loop in the team working on Groups. To clarify your concern – Is the disabling of group owners when they leave the organization affecting the completion of your existing access reviews? Feel free to comment here or email accessreviews@microsoft.com directly. Thanks!

- Fionna

- Fionna

14. PIM Access Reviews Emails Alerts

Would be great having the opportunity to edit or add a message into the Email sent by Azure.
    Eg. When someone has the role membership denied by a role owner, the user should get the email WITH the reason and not just the email saying that the has been removed.

Also would be great allowing the GA's to add a message or create the reminders by themselves AND schedule it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Access Reviews: Skip review if no members are eligable for review

If a group is empty the owner still get's an email to complete a review, this is confusing as they don't know what to do when they click the link to the review as there are no actions to complete. Access Review should be smart enough to know that an email to the manager is not necessary if there are no members to review.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it work

Im having trouble signing in so i download the Authenticator app first says i have no internet connection and i do. Then i type in not one but two accounts and says both do not exist when ive had both for 4-5 years so now ive been locked out of two accounts because Microsoft cannot do anything right

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Build custom access review

As a user I should be able to upload a CSV file containing:

Users
    Groups
    User and Group relationship

I should be able to launch an access review based on above files. I should be able to select reviewers based on AAD identities or specify them in the file.

Most ID governance tools have this function built in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign-in log shows the fail, success reason(ex. resource).

There was a case that make customer confused.
    There was a CAP blocking sign-ins out of trusted location.
    Two sign-in logs show application name are same with Outlook Mobile from same location. But one sign-in succeed l and the other one failed.

The difference between two sign-in was resource name.
    The succeed one's was "Office 365 Exchange Online" and the failed one's was "Microsoft Mobile Application Management".
    Support Engineer reached out to TA, PG and knew that CAP is not applied to "Microsoft Mobile Application Management" because it is considered a bootstrap service.
    It is hard to know from customer's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)