Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable new features, which impact all AzureAD users, per default

We always appreciate new Features in AzureAD, but if a new feature impacts all our users, we would like to be completely in control of enabling the feature once our organization is ready.
    I specifically refer to the "LinkedIn Integration in AzureAD" which will be enabled by default.
    When deploying future releases, please keep in mind that there are organizations out there, which have strict processes for enabling new features for their employees. Enabling a new feature, which impacts all AzureAD users by default is really disruptive!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow ICMP/Ping through NSG

The lack of the most BASIC functionality such as PING has forced my CTO to prevent the renewal of a $140,000 Enterprise Agreement. Our clients use external monitoring software. Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Engine allow this, yet Microsoft's "Excuse" is that it is a security risk (It isn't, and anyone saying it is, is lying.)

Without Ping, I cannot approve the renewal of the contract. Please add Ping before I must also revoke our subsidiaries contracts with Azure!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the AD Raw logs (event/logs) avaiable for SIEM monitoring

Been subscribed to Azure AD as an organization, it's hard to monitor scurity events realtime using SIEM solution without having access to Raw event logs. Although Audit log report offers what to extract out as a report but realtime monitoring to events for organizational domain is unavailable. This is quite crutial. oraganization doesn't have access to its own domain security events.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Have you had a look at the Azure AD Reporting API? This will allow you to feed the reporting data from the Azure AD reports directly into your SIEM. See the following article: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-reporting-api-getting-started/

(I’m marking this as “started” and not “completed” because the API is still in Preview—feedback is welcome!)

Philippe Signoret
    Program Manager, Azure Active Directory

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base