Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Metaverse Object Properties

Why was the Disconnect removed under connectors tab in the Metaverse Object properties in the new AAD Sync Identity Management tool ForeFront Identity Manager ?

This option used to get rid of so many unwanted error messages now it's just impossible to get rid of those.

can someone send me feed back on how this is done nowadays?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sign on Azure AD using in-house AD credentials

Azure Active Directory Sync is doing everything now Days which in-House Ad is doing.

Is there any Mechanism, if i want to authenticate my O365 users authenticate directly on the Azure AD using my Domain and Password server instead of coming to my on-premise ADFS server?

This will help me during major or minor Down time or if I want i should use Azure AD server

Regard,s
    swapnil

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If I sign in with one account, please do not switch to another defunct account

When I sign in with an existing and working account, let's say:
    xyz@live.com

The password page shows up as xyz@live.com

But when Azure Opens, I am presented with a defunct account let's say:
    abc@abc.onlinemicrosoft.com

I would consider this a serious bug. Signing out and signing in again causes the bug to occur again.

Signing out turning off Edge still had the same problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Temporary Security Credentials

Some application on AWS using this feature to support event that require huge number of paid subscriber.

https://aws.amazon.com/iam/faqs/?nc1=h_ls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate Azure account login UI

In Azure portal, Visual Studio login and other applications, if I want to login with Microsoft Account, I need to input Microsoft Account user name (email), it redirects to Microsoft Account login when user name input field lost focus, but user may input their password at password field, they will confuse and need to input password AGAIN in Microsoft Account Login Page.

So, please consider to integrate Microsoft Account and Organization within a single UI WITHOUT redirect to another login page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Indication of run-times and errors from AADSync/Connect process

When you have a tenant that is syncing with many different ADs you get error messages in emails stating that some users exist elsewhere. However, it doesn't tell you which AADSync/AD has generated the error, which makes troubleshooting (especially if you have over 70 domains likely to be attached to a single tenant) difficult.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Turn off Deep Inspection by default for Cloud App Discovery Agent

We deployed the Cloud App Discovery Agent to a number of test systems in our IT department, and while we got good feedback, we deployed before it was made obvious that the Deep Packet Inspection feature installed a custom Root CA in each workstation's Trusted Root Authority store. The name on that cert was a random FQDN from our tenant, and confused the heck out of us when we tried to delete what we thought was an unknown cert. We've also found issues when using Cisco's Cloud Web Security suite wherein the custom Root CA was causing problems with the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notification when getting added to a directory in portal

Getting added to someones directory doesn't give you any notification. And since the sync takes some time it gives you the idea the added user doesn't have access.

The cause for this is a colleague who created an application insights dashboard and added me as a viewer, after being added there was no notification whatsoever that told me I can view the dashboard. Just now I noticed that I can click on my user name to switch directories and view the dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow mass editing of users sign on domain

Currently if you sync a local active directory before verifying ownership of a custom domain all snchronised users become xyx@azureADname.onmiscrosoft.com. It would be very useful to be able to configure a group of users, or at least all users, in one go to use a different domain such as a newly added custom domain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need a way to break connections to orphaned AAD applications

I just went through a living nightmare with an orphaned VSO application in one of my AAD directories that was preventing me from deleting the directory. The VSO system wasn't letting me have access to the VSO instance. I couldn't reach it via https://<account>.visualstudio.com; and although I could see the instance at http://www.visualstudio.com, that portal wouldn't let me delete the VSO instance.

The original Azure subscription where the VSO account was connected was deleted. The VSO instance was still connected in my regular Azure AAD ... in a directory with nothing else in it and no users other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enhance domain verification

The @ host with a text entry is used by so many services now (including your own stuff like 365). This makes it complicated when you're trying to do domain verification. You should either allow the user to set the host value or generate a random host value for domain verification. Plus the service that is doing verification is not flushing cache >.< so then you have to wait for TTL to expire if you mess up the entry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Register app deployed to Windows Virtual Machine

My app is deployed on a Azure Windows Virtual Machine right now. I am trying to switch from AD authentication/authorization to AAD authentication/authorization.
    So I have read some documents about AAD, but I did not find some articles about how to register the app that is deployed on Windows VM. Hope could provide some related useful documents.
    Secondly, how to assign a group and users for this app(that was deployed on Win VM), hope anyone could provide some links to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reply URL property for SAML configuration should allow to set url with "http" prefix

Specification of SAML protocol doesn't require that reply url should be only with "https"prefix and many of intranet applications can have "http" prefix so I don't understand this limitation.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Not make an entire process just to change a process

make a link that says forgot password

click said link

link gives you option for security question or backup email to be sent to

password is received and you save time reading an entire page and watching a 3 minute video to figure out how to reset the password

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base