Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add or sync profile picture with microsoft or hot mail

add or sync profile picture with microsoft or hot mail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Come up with another way of authenticating staff without me having to give a personal email account!

I had not supplied my cell phone AND PERSONAL email account to Microsoft (just in case my account gets locked out). Find a way to do this without requiring a personal email account! I'm fortunate that I'm in IT and I'm allowed to log in to a personal email account, most of our staff is not allowed to do this and we actually block access to email urls such as mail.yahoo.com. You have my cell phone number, you don't need to send email to my personal account, and I find it disturbing that we may have to loosen our security…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. もう一名の担当のパスワードリセット方法がわかりません

BusinessCenterでもう一人の副担当がログオンできなくなり「パスワードのリセットを管理者へ依頼するメールを発信します」とでましたが,そのメールが来ませんし,
    どのようにリセットするかが皆目わかりません。
    BusinessCenterで行うメニューは無いですしAzureにもないです。
    そもそもその担当「も」Azureへ登録「してから」行うのでしょうか?
    具体的な全体の流れを説明刷る資料はないのでしょうか。
    不便でたまりません。(Windows Embedded・。・・・をダウンロードしたいだけなのに)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Yes, if the customer is part of a Basic or Premium Subscription then some where DISPLAY it. So the customer knows what they have.

Yes, if the customer is part of a Basic or Premium Subscription then some where DISPLAY it. So the customer knows what they have. If say they search online or if someone says ""hey what are you looking at. At lest the can check real quick and refer back to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Azure AD integrated apps (SSO) should allow the admin to modify the app logo

I often find that apps in the Azure AD Gallery do not have a logo set, and thus, show a generic logo on the user's "My Apps" page. The adminsitrator of a tenant should, but doesn't, have the ability to set that logo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Single log on

I repeated have to log on to Azure for various functions - such as the portal, billing and subscriptions. Sometimes having logged on to the portal, I am get a message saying that my user Id is not recognised for billing or subscriptions. I appreciate that there is a need for security here however it is extremely frustrating having to repeatedly attempt (and fail) to log on.

I am currently evaluating Azure services. I find that I am inclined to recommend Amazon services or another cloud solution that does not make this step so difficult.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When adding users to storage or other access many times the users are not notified. There's no way it seems to reinvite them again!

When adding users to storage or other access many times the users are not notified. There's no way it seems to reinvite them again!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get support for Azure AD issues without an Azure subscription

We're having issues with Azure AD Basic, so I start a support request via my Office 365 admin page. The person I speak to sends me information on how to start a support request via azure... which I can't do without either having an existing subscription or starting a free trial. Apparently my Azure AD account is not sufficient.

This is a bizarre catch-22 that would be nice to fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After switching to the new portal my Office 365 AD is gone

I had the old portal where I could easily manage my Office 365 AD. Then I click to the new portal and my AD is no where to be found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Co-Admins don't appear right away

My coworker added me as a co-admin to our company Azure subscription, we spent an hour agonizing over why the subscription wasn't appearning in my Azure portal. Eventually, it did, but without any intervention on our parts. When adding co-admins to a subscription, inform the user how long it will take for the subscription to appear in the new admin's portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User list, filter on cloud user, not just filter on synced users.

User list, filter on cloud user, not just filter on synced users. Doing a lot of migrations from seperate tennants to a new centrally managed tennant. Some have DirSync, some have Azure AD Sync, some have Azure AD Connect, some have 3rd party tools. Cleaning up a messy DirSync situation would be easier with a filter like this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Directory has dissappeared

Hi, I use an account which is tied to two directories. The default directory, and one owned by the company i work for. Since this morning I have not been able to access my work directory through the Azure Classic Portal.

When I select the default directory through the Subscriptions filter I see my default directory.

When I change the directory to my work directory, I am forced to log in again, then it shows me the same directory.

It seems to have broken since yesterday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make logins work like AWS

Please provide a subscription-specific sign-in page like AWS. The current login situation with Microsoft Work or School or Office365 accounts is terrible UX that is constantly causing issues. Unlike Azure, when I need to login to my AWS accounts, I have one place to go, and one account to use -- it just works. Please copy their UX exactly, why reinvent the wheel here?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow to create non-expiring password account in Azure AD

Necessary for creation of service accounts etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to connect to the AD FS 2.0 server remotely, ensure that PowerShell Remoting has been configured...

There is a bug in Azure Active Directory configuration wizard

Initial state for reproducing bug:
    1. Existing and working ADFS farm
    2. Account for AD DS connect is standard domain user (no special rights are needed according documentation)

Process:
    When you are configuring synchronizing AD DS, you set standard domain account as credential. - MySync
    When you are connecting to existing ADFS farm you are asked for admin credentials - correct. - let it be MyAdmin
    After you go through whole process of configuring and installing you end with error message see attached Error1.png

After further investigation I have found,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Specify Users Email Addresses to use Work/School Account rather than Personal

Currently, when someone has an email address that has both work and personal Microsoft logins, Azure defaults to the Personal rather than Work or School account. We should be able to designate which one to use, or both. Or at least default to Work rather than Personal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Active Directory configuration pages are difficutl to access from new portal.

Current Azure AD customers need a better way to maintain and operate as changes occur to the Azure AD. Perhaps Microsoft should consider Upgrade Rings for Azure platform in a more methodical fashion. The information about specific features that do not pertain to what customer has in Azure should be less intrusive, and service indicators such as major AD changes on the platform need to be more intrusive so we make sure to get the right combination of support elements in place for production workloads.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Global admins should be able to add other users

I added a user as a global admin. They logged in and couldn't add other users because they weren't a subscription admin. I made them an owner and that didn't work as well. Finally after digging through hours of useless information I found out how to add a co-administrator. This is the most ridiculous permission system I've ever encountered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selective Device Writeback & Access

Enabling on-premises conditional access based scenarios is a superb idea (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/active-directory-conditional-access-on-premises-setup/), but speaking to some of my clients they feel it lacks an adminstrative approval process.

They would like to control which devices are written back to the on-premise Active Directory and therefore be able to control which devices can access corporate resources that authenticate using ADFS.

It would also be helpful to be able to use this process in Azure AD, to be able to define which devices or which device parameters can be used for conditional access scenarios to specific applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base