Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SSPR Hyperlink

SSPR works great. All you need to remember is https://aka.ms/sspr
    Unfortunately, most users do not remember this URL, nor do they store a bookmark in the browser of their mobile device/tablet.
    So if they forget their password, they still call operations.

Would it be possible to add a link to this URL for example in the microsoft authenticator app ?

Most users have this on their mobile device anyhow (to be able to reset their password), so having the URL towards SSPR available their would make it easier for them.

Alternative could also be to develop an 'SSPR app'. But…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. see who has registered for sspr

Add simple report for number of users who have successfully registered for SSPR and number that have started registration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize Password Protection Verbage to End User (SSPR)

Allow for the customization of the text presented to a user when they attempt a weak password. For reference, the verbiage is “Unfortunately, your password contains a word, phrase, or pattern that makes your password easily guessable. Please try again with a different password.”

Many organizations wish to customize this text to provide additional guidance to the end users or even provide links to guidelines for strong passwords as part of the information the user sees.

This type of customization currently exists in point products and will help with end user adoption and reduction in help desk calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow admin to reset a users security questions should they forget them

Allow azure admin to reset a users security questions should they forget them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link broken to the password reset registration page for Lindenwood

Every time I try to update the “more information required” page for my office 365 account for college, it sends me to a page which says “an unexpected error has occurred”. I have visited the site multiple times throughout the last few weeks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ability to use a phone number for SSPR help desk support

Add ability to use a phone number for help desk support contact info. Currently it’s only URL or email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable in AAD admin portal for allow only select users or groups to change password from Office 365 Portal

This option is for the user security for not allow change password if the user is not enable MFA, in the case that other user know your password and MFA is not enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SSPR APIs to create or update challenge questions

It would be good to have APIs to update the challenge questions and response for SSPR. in that way, it can be integrated with an existing user self - registration solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent user from reset Password with same mobile phone - app & message

Today a user can use the same mobile phone for password reset by using text message / phone call and authenticator app...

To view the text message, answer the call and / or accept the push notification it is not necessary to unlock the phone.

So what's the use of forcing two methods for password reset?

We need an option to prevent user from reset password by using app notification and phone message / call. The Authenticator App could access the mobile phone number, used by the device and the admin should have the option to prevent accepting push notifications…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Do not take users in circles! I have been able too do nothing but change passwords!

I have a touch secure phone - shouldn’t that be enough? I really need copies of my last three months pay stubs, but, it seems that I need to be an engineer to do so!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. by the time i go retrieve my text code for 2FA and get back to my desk the code is expired I can never log into my account

by the time i go retrieve my text code for 2FA and get back to my desk the code is expired I can never log into my account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New smartphone user; very rarely use Windows 7, IE on my desktop;

have a Windows 7 desktop which I am at this moment using at home -sole user-; am proficient at using Gsuite. MWB needs info; need to use MS, tried to reset Microsoft password; followed each consuming instruction, directions do not state you send a text; so I use my landline. Used the new smartphone which I am learning to use, enter the code; YOU BLOCK MY ACCOUNT>
    ticked off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SSPR applicable for mail enabled security group members

Suppose you have enabled SSPR for group A and group B is part of Group A, which is also a mail-enabled security group. Does SSPR apply on group B members? If not, is there any supported document for this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. to improve SSPR call back feature. Most of the time I didn't receive any call back

Please improve SSPR call back feature. Most of the time I didn't receive any call back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Respect my time by warning about outlook auto-logout.

Outlook logs me out at inopportune times, such as right before I need to access an e-mail for a critical meeting, or send one last status report before retiring for the evening. Causes several minutes of wasted time to recover session, and/or cancellation of meeting due to inaccessible data.

1. Don't force an active outlook or other cloud session (excel, calendar, etc) to log out without first posting a warning at least 24 hours in advance of the logout event, and allow the user to cancel (not delay) the
    pending logout. If the user cancels the logout, reset the logout…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Password reset

Fix SSPR site display issue on mobile devices

The bottom Microsoft banner hides the captcha code input box on iOS and Android devices.

This is not a great user experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base