Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

We have a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we strongly recommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If your UserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, your previous activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a 3rd option 'I know my password and would like to change it'

After you provide your username and satisfy the captcha you are presented with two options:

'I forgot my password'
    'I know my password, but still can't sign in'

My suggestion would be to add a 3rd option, 'I know my password and would like to change it'. This 3rd option would link to the Azure option to change their password here: https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx

I realize that this 3rd option is not related to a password reset, but we are trying to drive adoption of SSPR in our organization as a one-stop shop for all their password needs. We've had users call…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Check is Caps lock is on when someone attempts to reset their password using SSPR

Would it be possible to warn the user attempting to reset their password using SSPR to that their caps lock key is active?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow domain admins to customize the "Password" link for SSPR

In Google Apps, once a user is logged in and if tries to change password. Clicking on Password link will take the user to the our own Password Manager solution. This is customized by Admin.

It will be very nice if Azure provides the same feature in Azure AD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow mandatory Self-Service Password reset options when requiring more than a single recovery option

Allow the administrator to specify a mandatory recovery option when enabling Self-Service Password resets. That way you can require an option like "Questions and Answers" but still allow the end user to choose an alternative recovery option.

For example if you enabled Cell Phone, External Email, and Questions and answers. And then flagged Questions as a mandatory choice, then it would allow just the option to choose from email, or cell as the 2nd recovery option. Instead of being able to just choose email, and cell which for most users is a single recovery point on their cellphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide different security options for staff & students for Education clients

As an educational institution, we would like to have staff & students use this feature. We feel we would want to provide different security questions to those groups. Currently, the security options are only available for the entire entity and we cannot have different options for groups of users. For this reason, we will only use this for staff at this time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AAD SSPR admin notifications issue with AAD PIM

AAD PIM is a bypass for AAD SSPR admin password reset notifications

Give us the option to specify who should get notified when a admin or eligible admin resets their password.

I confirmed the notification is not sent to eligible admins (not good)
    I assume its also not sending the notification to current admins if a eligible admins resets his password.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Self-Service Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! To clarify, you want all eligible admins to receive a notification when an admin resets their password?

At this time, you can ensure that other admins are notified when an admin resets their password. Check out this setting under the Notifications tab in the Password reset section of the Azure AD portal.

Thanks,
    Sadie Henry (sahenry)

7. Allow admin to reset a users security questions should they forget them

Allow azure admin to reset a users security questions should they forget them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link broken to the password reset registration page for Lindenwood

Every time I try to update the “more information required” page for my office 365 account for college, it sends me to a page which says “an unexpected error has occurred”. I have visited the site multiple times throughout the last few weeks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. enable SSPR Via Powershell

The ability to manage and enable SSPR with power shell/script commands. Customers that work as IT solution providers can potentially have multiple clients (10- 15) that would like to enable Self Service Password Reset. If the Solution provider was able to manage this in power shell or with a script they would be able to take a task that would normally take a few hours to set up and test, and run it in a few minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to use a phone number for SSPR help desk support

Add ability to use a phone number for help desk support contact info. Currently it’s only URL or email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. password reset

Make it possible to Exclude/deny groups for password reset. Today them only option is to allow specific groups or all uses. I want to allow all users and deny a group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to reset/clear SSPR registration information.

We have the ability to clear/reset MFA registration information. It would be great if we had the ability to do the same for SSPR information. Our service desk has asked us a few times if we could do this but we tell them no. It would also be great for us when we try and test new registration steps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable in AAD admin portal for allow only select users or groups to change password from Office 365 Portal

This option is for the user security for not allow change password if the user is not enable MFA, in the case that other user know your password and MFA is not enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SSPR APIs to create or update challenge questions

It would be good to have APIs to update the challenge questions and response for SSPR. in that way, it can be integrated with an existing user self - registration solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent user from reset Password with same mobile phone - app & message

Today a user can use the same mobile phone for password reset by using text message / phone call and authenticator app...

To view the text message, answer the call and / or accept the push notification it is not necessary to unlock the phone.

So what's the use of forcing two methods for password reset?

We need an option to prevent user from reset password by using app notification and phone message / call. The Authenticator App could access the mobile phone number, used by the device and the admin should have the option to prevent accepting push notifications…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 02255-12@imco.edu.om

forget pass

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do not take users in circles! I have been able too do nothing but change passwords!

I have a touch secure phone - shouldn’t that be enough? I really need copies of my last three months pay stubs, but, it seems that I need to be an engineer to do so!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. by the time i go retrieve my text code for 2FA and get back to my desk the code is expired I can never log into my account

by the time i go retrieve my text code for 2FA and get back to my desk the code is expired I can never log into my account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New smartphone user; very rarely use Windows 7, IE on my desktop;

have a Windows 7 desktop which I am at this moment using at home -sole user-; am proficient at using Gsuite. MWB needs info; need to use MS, tried to reset Microsoft password; followed each consuming instruction, directions do not state you send a text; so I use my landline. Used the new smartphone which I am learning to use, enter the code; YOU BLOCK MY ACCOUNT>
    ticked off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base