Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure AD Connect Health for ADDS

Support for Azure AD Connect Health for ADDS on Windows Server Core. It currently does not work because it sets up by using IE. Have it use "device login" like the Az module for PowerShell Core.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a way to set a daily download automaticlly for Sync Errors on AD connect

Is there a way to set a daily download automatically for Sync Errors on AD connect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep Azure AD Connect Health ADFS Diagnostics script is up to date

The latest version of the Azure AD Connect Health Agent for AD FS still has the ADFS Diagnostics script version 1.0.0 but this script is now on version 3.0.2 - https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/ADFSDiagnostics/3.0.2

It would be great if the scripts used installed by the AAD Connect Health are kept up to date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Active Directory Connect Setup install fail

Azure Active Directory Connect Setup
    The cabinet file 'media1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-Rom,Or a problem with this package.
    I downloaded it again many times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix AD Connect Health remediation in the portal so it actually works

I have a handful of users who had AAD accounts first. We then added a server in office and created accounts on it. We installed AAD Connect and synced the domain. The users all now have duplicates in AAD. Sync recognized this issue and the UI offers a fix, but the fix ALWAYS fails with a generic error message offering no recourse. Please fix the fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clean up old sync errors

(Note: I was directed here by the Azure Support Twitter profile)
    The Sync Errors page shows errors for objects which no longer exist, neither in our on-premise AD nor the Azure AD (these were accounts I created on a new AD created purely for testing; even the AD no long exists).

The sync error however remains and now I get an email every Monday telling me just that. I don't see a way to mark this error as "handled" or otherwise delete it, as it is a false-positive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This link, in your automated email, does not lead to any "troubleshooter" than can be "run"

This link, in your automated email, does not lead to any "troubleshooter" than can be "run"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AADC Connect Health Agency Sync Errors should refresh even without Azure AD Premium

We have a tenant that only has Azure AD Basic. The Azure AD Connect Health reported one set of Sync errors that were corrected, but the 21 Duplicate Attribute sync errors never got , or get refreshed even when there no longer are any errors. Documentation says that the reports don't require Azure AD Premium, but the pricing says the overall feature requires Azure AD Premium.

Something is wrong, and something needs to be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export to Azure Active Directory failed and getting below error any idea why this issue

The export operation to Azure Active Directory Connector has failed. As a result, some objects may not be exported successfully to Azure Active Directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How can i change the service name to report my correct domain name rather then .onmicrosoft.com

I've recently configured AD Connect between my on prem AD and Azure AD, its successfully syncing users and passwords between my test OU and Azure, however, in the Azure AD Connect Health blade, it reports my service name as mydomain.onmicrosoft.com and not the default domain name mydomain.com. Any ideas if this is correct or can be changed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How do I disable / remove my email address from the sync heartbeat errors?

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off emails when there are heartbeat failures? Am I missing something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Minimum Length of App in registration portal is not consistent

Minimum Length of App in registration portal is different when you use the Let us help you get started method and when you create without guided setup.

"Let us help you get started" method for registering a new app in the Registration Portal allow App name less than 4 characters.
    If you add an app without the guide setup and if it has less than 4 characters in its name, it does not allow you to save you modification without any error message.

It take me 4h to understand why I could not save the App modification or create an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure Ad Connect - Add possibility to disconnect a jobject with custom Rule

There is no-way to disconnect a connected object with a rule.

CASE:
    - I've user Mark.Lee@tailspin.com has contact from a AD of my Contoso.com Domain
    - I've a custom rule that Set CloudFilter = true for all contact with @tailspin.com suffix address
    - I reiceve a user with same email address from AD tailspin.com

PROBLEM:
    Both connector will joined to same metaverse object and user is not exported to Office365 and CloudFilter=true

I'already found some workarounds to avoid this but these not acceptable from customer for workload needed.

PROPOSAL FOR A NEW FEATURES:
    - Add possibility to disconnect a connector…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Health Alerts

I am receiving alerts that our AAD connect Sync service account does not have permissions to update AD Objects. However a few mins later I receive a mail saying the issue is resolved. I am uncertain if there is an issue or now. The mail I receive does not have any way for me to contact to some one to get more info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User and Group picker in notification section of Azure AD Connect Health

Customers would like search in Azure Active Directory and pick the users and groups that should receive notification from Azure AD Connect Health.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure AD Connect Health - Integration with Ticketing system

Within our infrastructure, previously we had Dirsync and that is monitored using the SCOM MP for "FIM" and the critical alerts like service down, sql database connectivity issues between DirSync & SQL, Sync job failed ... are integrated with the ticketing system (HP Serverice manager) so it raises tickets/case to the relevant internal support teams. However if similar functionality for Azure AD Connect Health agent is available it will be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Group Managed Service Account Help with Azure AD Connect

I am trying to setup the Azure Active Directory Connect, and want to use a Group Managed Service Account. But when I get to the configuring part I get the following error: An error occurred executing Configure Service account task: An error accured while create a new Key Distribution Service Root Key (add-kdsrootkey) for configuring a group managed service. The user I am running it as is a domain, and enterprise and built in administrators member, as well as the account that is asked for during setup. I have ran the command Add-KDSRootKey –EffectiveImmediately and it that works fine. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Amina

Amina

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow unsubscribing from Azure AD Connect Sync errors detected email

I am receiving emails to notify me of Azure AD Connect Sync errors being detected for a tenant which is not related to me. My email has been put there by mistake maybe. There should be some way for me to cancel receiving these emails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base