Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. EndPointv2: List of Native Apps in the new apps.dev.microsoft.com portal

At the moment when creating a new V2 app in https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/ the list of previous apps is restricted to the current user account only.

There is currently no way in the new portal to see all Native apps if someone else (other developers) in the company created such an app as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restructure the Azure Active Directory product tiers to enable common App Dev Features

Currently Azure AD comes in three pricing Tiers with a heavy focus on Office 365 interoperability.

Azure Web Applications - particularly ones built using Cloud Services have no need of most of these features but do have need for
    ==> Authentication and Identity management
    ==> Brand Management
    ==> LDAP /Oauth 2.0 Federation

Self-service password reset is also a Nice to have feature.

Yet for a startup developer or someone building their first app on AzureAD, it makes no sense whatsoever to upgrade to either Basic or Premium since that involves signing an Enterprise Agreement, which often is not viable at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AppModelV2: support additional 'scope' values when using OpenId connect

It looks like the current V2 implementation doesn't allow requesting OpenId scope values beyond "openid". At least with the ASP.Net MVC sample, if I modify the Owin Auth setup code to request additional values (e.g. "openid profile email"), an error is returned.

Please consider supporting other values such as 'profile', 'email', 'address', 'phone' etc. (https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-basic-1_0.html#Scopes) to request additional claims from the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would be great if Azure function apps also start supporting Azure AD authentication via MSI

If one Azure function apps can access another azure function app using MSI, it would be great as we will get rid of client credentials which are being used by the function apps for authentication

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. flutter

Need outlook API for flutter, why Microsoft isn't considering this as so many developers are moving to flutter for mobile development

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bing Content API Batch Request failure

I tried to use product batch request to insert( or update) products, but I continuously received the following error:

Internal error occurred. Please retry executing the operation. If the problem persists, please report this issue to us together with the request you're trying to execute.

Request is attached below.

Could anyone help about this?

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a way to signout of portal.azure.com after ClaimsPrincipal has been creted in an External app

Currently, I am using OpenID Connect to successfully create a ClaimsPrincipal in an external ASPNetCore application.

The problem I have is that the user can then go directly to portal.azure.com (and they are signed in) -- Can we have a way to keep them OUT of portal.azure.com? These are just general users of an EXTERNAL app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shared App Roles

Azure AD App Registration should give the ability to share App Roles between apps. The scenario to enable is between a Back-end Web API and multiple client apps (Web, iOS and Android). A user is assigned an admin role in the client web app, this user will have that same role in the iOS app and Android app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Select Active Directory in the app registration portal

I'm a member of two Active Directories. I'm a regular user in AD1, which is my default AD. App registration is disabled here for regular users, so I created AD2 where I am a global admin, so that I can create Bot Channel Registration resources which involves app registration. When I create the bot, there is a link to the app registration portal to manage app IDs and app secrets, but there I can't see my AD2 resources, because that portal is probably associated with my default AD1 and I cannot select AD2 there. Altogether this means that the bot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure AD 2.0 app registration portal public key upload limit is too small

I created a new converged app registration @ https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/ and when I went to upload the public key for my app, it gave me an error that there is a 2KB size limit for key uploads. My key is 2.23KB in base64 format and 1.6KB in DER format. Both formats give the same 2KB key limit error. This same key worked fine in the azure ad app registration process.

Why the seemingly arbitrary limit?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Creating a New Password for a Bot Application fails

(3rd time trying to enter this because of all of the bugs in the login functionality that doesn't even take a Microsoft account!)

If you click on Manage from the app id of a new bot and then try and add a new password (because it creates a default one but never tells you what it is) it will fail with a graph error.

Thus it is impossible right now to create a working bot because you can never put in the right password for validation with your bot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft App management throws Microsoft.AppRegPortal.Providers.Graph.GraphException

When I'm trying to Create New Passord for my Bot Channel in Application Registration Portal it trows the next message: "Exception of type 'Microsoft.AppRegPortal.Providers.Graph.GraphException' was thrown." and it's claimed to be a temporary issue but I'm wondering when exactly It will be fixed or/and what should I do?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Document How To Resolve Data & Login & Technology Choices Between Azure AD Graph and Microsoft Graph

You can't user Azure AD Graph Tokens for Microsoft Graph and vice versa.. if you insert data into one can you retrieve from another? What are the implications of creating an app on either side? I.E. which side should we choose? Why are there two different graphs in two different organizations of MS which can do most of the same things?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a link to retrieve endpoints URL from the V2 portal like we have on V1

We have a place to look at all endpoints in the V1 portal(portal.azure.com), but don't have a similar functionality in apps.dev.microsoft.com. This caused us to use the incorrect URL.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base