Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No Microsoft account

Please scrap the whole Microsoft-account mess. I don't now how many services that get associated with the wrong account. I have a business Azure AD account to use for business purposes, and right now I have to dig around to find the services I am looking for as they are apparently under two different accounts, with the same name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "We don't recognize this domain name"

Sometimes, when I try sign in, I get this error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix your login system

I'm not sure why, but Microsoft requires me to have three different accounts. I'm required to use my 'Personal' business account to login into Azure. I'm actually able to login in about 50% of the time. Same with publishing from VS. Constant login issues. Usually the only way to login is to try doing it 50 times and hoping it just works once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove confusion with which Microsoft Account and work account has the subscription

I am having a difficult time figuring out which e-mail address I log in with for the Azure portal and which Microsoft Account is connected to it and my MSDN Subscription benefits. When I log in, it seems like 3 different Azure Active Directory "domains" are connected to my MSDN Subscription, but I don't understand how they all got connected together.

I thought I had set up 2 different MSDN benefits and 2 separate Azure benefit subscriptions with 2 different e-mail logins, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't know what happened and it is very…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow AD users to login using their mail or mailNickname instead of userPrincipalName

Using the Microsoftonline.com login page when triggering a PromptBehavior of Auto or Always using the AcquireToken method in the ADAL library. It would be useful if users we have registered in our AD could use any email to login with. And not be forced to create a Microsoft or AD account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User state migration tools to move accounts from one Azure AD to Another Azure AD

When a company merges or divests a portion of the business often times they need to split the IT systems from the existing companies systems. Before we would create a new AD domain, build a trust, apply security and migrate the user sessions. It would be good if there was a way to quickly migrate user states from one Azure AD to another so that a business could quickly associate the workstations to the new azure ad, and it would bring the user experience forward on logon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. External Identities self-service - user friendly error message if user does not exist and using mfa

We have been following this guide to setup self-service for external identities: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/external-identities/self-service-sign-up-user-flow

Our end-users may not know whether they already have an account or not. So the first thing they will try is to enter their email address and password. Without MFA (conditional access rule), a more or less user friendly error message appears that the user doesn't exist yet. The end-user can then click on the "create account" link to do the self-service signup.

However, when we enable MFA per conditional access rule, the nice error message with the sign up link no longer shows. Instead a very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. myapps.microsoft.com Collections - Too many display as a scrollbar

It would be nice for a quick UI update to remove the scroll bar and just wrap the collections list and show them as filterable buttons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For the new or existing, small nonprofit, where's the very low level discussion about why we need Azure?

We are very small, new nonprofit with no IT department and very limited IT experience; however, we know that we need a central, secure holding place and access point for our very few, very rudimentary nonprofit applications. For us, the provided Azure documentation is way over our heads. We do slightly understand the concept and need, but, for us, with the overwhelming , "might just as well be in Greek" documentation, conceptualizing a unified solution is improbable at best. We know we need some very basic nonprofit tools. We know that we need for them to work together and be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable button color branding in Azure AD Login Page

Please give the ability to customize button background color in company branding of azure ad.
    An option could be the ability to upload a specific css (with documented class) and customize more deeply company branding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for Applications to Directly Consume Certificates from KeyVault

Key Vaults have a number of features regarding certificates, as well as the capability to automatically rotate certificates contained - as well as supporting self-signed certificates.

Given this, it would be good if an integration existed (which could be utilised) to anchor an AAD application to a certificate which existed in a linked KeyVault. This would provide avenues to automatically manage the lifecycle of certificates (utilising the underlying service), associated with an application, without requiring the engineering overhead of creating/maintaining code which could do the same.

Such a feature would enable you to setup a service principal for an environment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. STOP SENDING ME PHONE MESSAGES ASKING ME TO PRESS #

ALLOW ME TO SWITCH TO QUESTIONS OR A PIN.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. g038583206@gmail.com

จันทร์ สิงหาราช <g038583206@gmail.com>, g03858320@gmail.com <g03858320@gmail.com>, g038583203@gmail.com, จันทร์ สิงหาราช <g080642327@gmail.com>, จันทร์ สิงหาราช <g038583206@gmail.com>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Job title translations

Some user properties are used by 3rd party applications as sharepoint, mails signs, etc ... that need to be align with language settings.
    In my case, i would like to display job title in sharepoint people webpart depending of the language of the user / site / page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. dashboards

Need to be able to create my own 'view' or dashboard. It's stupid that I can't create my own set of the most uses, or my own group of apps. Sick of scrolling through 100's of apps to find the one I use. PLEASE?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Privacy Violation by this action

My employer doesn't provide me with a mobile phone but I am required to give you my personal phone number in order to access my work environment. You are storing my personal information without my permission, how can I stop this???. Please find a better way to do to this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excesso de segurança prejudicando o cliente

Estou com muita raiva de Microsoft. Porque fiz um hard reset em meu celular e esqueci a senha do meu Office. Agora não consigo reconfigurar. UM LIXO

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Two factor alternate methods are not presented. I cannot login.

Two factor alternate methods are not presented. I cannot login.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base