Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide a way to import OATH tokens into Azure MFA, assign them to users, and autoactivate them, in order to allow migration

Need a way to import OATH tokens, assign them to users, and have them activated automatically, in order to allow migration from an existing system using the OATH tokens without having to manually activate each one individually.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preserve MFA enrollment settings when changing from User State mode to Conditional Access

We enrolled MFA a long time ago when the standard enrollment type was user state mode, we got 3000 users enrolled. Now we are considering to change from User state mode to Conditional Access mode, but we have identified a major blocker in this change.
    To use CA we need to set the User State to MFA disabled, and activate the CA policy, but when the CA policy enforce the user to use MFA the user need to enroll in MFA again! I really don't understand why you have implemented it in this way, we need to have the possibility…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Beter whitelist controls for MFA NPS Extention

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-nps-extension-advanced

IP_WHITELIST only allows for single IP addresses. Would be very usefull to provide CIDR ranges.

Would also be nice to have to specify for wich IP address MFA should be triggered. So by default no MFA, only when the authenticating device matches criteria (e.g. IP address, etc.) Would be great if that was integrated in de NPS configuration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extend Security Group queries with attribute for MFA enabled users

Extend the dynamic user groups with ability to query for users that have or do not have MFA enabled/setup on there account.

This will allow for more automization around conditional access, visibility and communication.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One of the things I miss is RADIUS support which can authenticate against Azure AD.

Azure MFA with RADIUS extension requires big setup. Azure has everything except RADIUS support. I
    I ended up using foxpass. That would be a nice addition.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mfa

For MFA signup policy, it would be best to offer a 'user opt-in' option, rather than forced YES or NO. We are seeing a use-case where this would be needed as some users simply can't deal with the complexity.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set UK Phone Number as Caller ID for Azurre Multi-Factor Authentication

As our customer base is entirely in the UK we would like to set the caller ID to be from a UK number so that customers feel more assured about the two factor process.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Require re-register MFA, it should revoke Microsoft Authenticator app, not just phone numbers.

When revoking a users MFA sessions and requiring re-registration of MFA, AAD only removes the phone numbers from the users account. It does not remove the associated Authenticator app. There is no method to for a Global Admin to remove the Authenticator app association from the user. The only supported method is for the end user to log-in and remove it from the myprofile.microsoft.com page.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) - Microsoft Authenticator code reset options

Provide us with the ability to ensure the MFA code reset password can be chopped up and sent to multiple individuals.

I.e. the first half of the code gets sent to you and the second half gets sent to the IT Security Manager, System Admin or other Manager.

Reason being is that I updated my work phone and needed to reset my Microsoft Authenticator code through the authentication web page. I followed the prompts to have it reset and the code was sent to my phone, from there I was able to scan the QR code on the screen and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide support in ADAL4J library to authenticate MFA enabled user

We are using ADAL4J library for Azure AD User Authentication, which enables a Native Client Application to do authentication using Username and Password without User Interaction. But for Multi Factor Authentication enabled Azure AD Users, Authentication is failing with AdalClaimsChallengeException with no API to provide the second factor.

Please provide support for authenticating MFA enabled user using ADAL4J library.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide additional details about a push notification (ie, source ip, source service, time, logs, etc)

As we are starting to push MFA in our organisation, it will become more common to have popups from the authenticator app. We have issues where many of our user accounts get compromised, and we have noticed that some users just blindly click accept for a MFA push notification.

What we would like to see is the ability to push more information along with the notification. This could possibly be done by sending specific VSAs to our NPS Radius server which in turn could deliver these variables to the client.

Ie, source IP address, source country, source service (vpn, outlook,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Converged MFA and SSPR

We have enable the converged Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) and Self-Service Password reset (SSPR). I feel this is easier for end users to update their info as it is all in one place. However, There should be some indication on each type of authentication/security option for what is can be used for (SSPR OR MFA or Both). This would help non-technical end users understand the configuration better.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better MFA solution for Remote Desktop access to servers

Currently, requiring MFA for RDP access to domain servers requires going through a RD Gateway (AFAIK). It would be great to be able to require MFA at the server level and have such servers connect to Azure MFA for the second factor without having to go through a RD Gateway. Maybe proxy the Azure auth connection through an on-premises server... The RD Gateway method is slow and clunky.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a filter to show "disabled" multi-factor users

The multi-factor authentication users list has three filters currently

All
    Enabled
    Enforced

When the most important thing for me to know is the users who DONT have multi-factor enabled, wouldn't it make sense to have a filter for "disabled" ?

Right now I have to page through 300 users looking for any that are "disabled" because I cant even sort by this column.

Anyway, I am requesting that a filter for "disabled" be added and the ability to click the column headers to sort.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure MFA is 2-step. It needs to be 2-factor.

Our PCI auditor told us that Azure MFA will not be compliant with DSS 3.2 starting in January 2018.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage Multi Factor Authentication via Group association

Please add the option to add Multi Factor Authentication to Groups. Makes it much easier to manage.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. provide a radius service for azure active directory so vpn clients can use azure mfa

provide a radius service for azure active directory so vpn clients can use azure mfa

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MFA For Admin Baseline needs more granular settings

We were introduced to the new securescore.com items recently as we started working with MFA & Conditional access policies to help better protect our workforce at large, & the very first item on our secure score checklist was "Enable MFA For admins" using the baseline to improve our score.

Yesterday we tried switching this on & basically had to disable it due to impacts it had on mail enabled admin accounts & causing headaches with Outlook & Mobile device email by forcing those end points to have to re-authenticate daily to receive email.

We would like to propose adding more…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email address is available in Azure MFA

Currently, email address is available only SSPR in Azure AD.
    But I would like to use user's email in Azure MFA.

For instance, users receive a verification code by email.
    Then users perform two-step verification using a verification code.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hardware OATH token management

System should allow admin to upload all OATH tokens without associating with users. After that, admin should be able to assign users aBe activate token or remove token from users.

This will help a lot. Also, minimizes the need to keep secret keys handy and reduces admin workload

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base