Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Span AADDS domain across multi regions

Span the same AADDS domain to multi regions - currently only possible with vnet pairing and VPN gateways. Would also add redundancy to the domain if say a region were to go down or the AADDS service were to stop within a region.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more attributes to AADDS

Expand the attributes that are syncd with AADDS and available via LDAPS. The one I'm specifically interested in at the moment is the Manager attribute, but others are important too.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We’ve started work on adding the Manager, ProxyAddress, and employeeID attributes to AAD-DS. Thank you for your patience!

Erin Greenlee
    Program Manager
    IAM Core | Domain Services

3. proxyaddresses

Make the ProxyAddresses attribute available through LDAPS when using Managed Domain

Many Anti-Spam applications (ex: Zero Spam) need to connect via LDAPS to list users, and get their email address(es) but only the mail attribute is available...

Since LDAPS managed domain is using our Azure AD , and AzureAD already has this attributes ( synched from our onPremise AD) I don't understand why it is not available through LDAPS

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We’ve started work on adding the Manager, ProxyAddress, and employeeID attributes to AAD-DS. Thank you for your patience!

Erin Greenlee
    Program Manager
    IAM Core | Domain Services

4. Latency in sync between Azure ad and Managed domain

There is a delay in sync between Azure ad and domain services.
    It will be great if we can reduce this sync delay.
    Some times sync will not be up to date so need access to restart the sync between Azure ad and Managed domain.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I changed the attribute to "not set" in Azure AD but the attribute doesn't sync to Azure ADDS.

When I update the attributes, I can see the updated values on the Azure ADDS.
    However, if he delete the value of an attribute (= update with not set), the value is not changed.

Please correct this behavior.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add GC port 3269 to AD-DS created LB

Hi,

right now we can't access port 3269 (Global Catalog) of our AD-DS service.
    After open it in NSG and modify the LB it only stay open for hours. The LB get's overwritten every now and then.

Request: Add LB rule for 3269 to the auto-create script of AD-DS. Customer still can control access this via NSG.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Domain Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base