How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Enable Self Service Password Reset from Windows 10 Sign In Screen

Azure AD self service password reset works great. The issue being if a user cannot log on they haven't a browser to access the portal easily.

Can the reset portal be integrated with a "Forgotten my password" link on the Sign In screen. Azure AD join integrates with web based services such as MFA so it hopefully the foundations are there.

201 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcus Robinson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminAzure AD Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

We recognize that for users who can’t remember their password, it’s a challenge to log in let alone use a browser to reset your password. So we listened and came up with the self-service password reset from the lock screen feature.

How does it work?
    By updating to RS3 and setting the MDM policy, the users of the Azure AD joined devices in your enterprise will see a “Forgot password” link on their lock screen. If they click it, it launches the SSPR flow directly from their lock screen.

What’s coming in the future?
    We are actively working to bring the same SSPR from lock screen feature to the hybrid AADJ machines. We anticipate this feature will release with the Spring 2018 Windows 10 update.

For more information, please go to this post: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/11/20/resetting-passwords-on-azure-ad-joined-devices-is-much-easier-with-the-latest-windows-update/.

Chen

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)