Request for registration of OATH token and connection to user:
We would like you to allow end users to register OATH token by themselves as well as other multi-factor authentication notifications (i.e. telephone and SMS)
If our request above is not permitted, please consider the following to reduce the time and effort of the administrator:
- Registering OATH token information prior to registration of associated user information
- Connecting the user and OATH token by GUI operation from Azure portal instead of importing CSV
- No entering authentication code when activating OATH token
I agree with that request.
It's a nice idea if end users set tokens by self!
Azure MFA has few the features to manage OATH hardware tokens compared to MFA Server.
In many organizations, it is impossible to register UPN, SERIAL NUMBER, SECRET KEY simultaneously.
Users can setup to token by self using SERIAL NUMBER, if Azure MFA has the following features:
* a feature to register OATH hardware token.
* a feature to assign tokens to accounts.