How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Update or remove the CAPTCHA verification in the SSPR

The CAPTCHA verification in the initial SSPR portal page is most of the time really hard to read and it take 4-5 attempts to actually start the password reset or account unlock process and this frustrates our end-users.

I understand the reason the CAPTCHA is there but maybe replace it by the reCAPTCHA with images instead of those hard to read letters.

Ps. the current captcha is case-sensitive but there are no info in SSPR to highlight that :(

23 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eduardo Menezes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certainly user experience is poor here e.g. are letters case sensitive (had to find out through trial and error) and have no idea how the audio captcha works (type in every word said and if so impossible to pick up every word!).

• Sharath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I agree with the below requests. I see from the SSPR funnel that atleast 70% of them failed at Captcha atleast once.

• Taylor, Devon R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this request. A vast majority of our users end up failing the Captcha and then call the Help Desk for their reset. That defeats the purpose of the SSPR! Please update this to something easier on end users.

• Shrinivas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, Please simplify the CAPTCHA. Sometimes it is very difficult interpret.

• Gene Kleckner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that there should be an option to preference either the CAPTCHA or use the images... Personally, I prefer the image option. The CAPTCHA is difficult to interpret.

Feedback and Knowledge Base