How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Access Reviews: Apply to new groups and/or multiple groups

It would be VERY beneficial to apply an Access Review policy to new groups as they are created, eliminating the management overhead of creating new policies AFTER each group created.
Also, if a Access Review Policy could be applied to multiple groups at a time, Access Reviewmanagement overhead would be reduced.

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Spitza shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminAzure AD Team (CEO / Founder, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for all the feedback, we have made progress on this and the ability to apply the same policy to multiple groups (and applications) is now live! You can include multiple groups or apps in a single Azure AD access review for group membership or app assignment. Access reviews with multiple groups or apps are set up using the same settings and all included reviewers are notified at the same time. (more info in “What’s new in AAD, Feb 2019” https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/whats-new)

We’ll be continuing to work on applying an Access Review policy to new groups as they are created, and update here when that’s done.

/Fionna :)

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much agree - a Program should be the template for the controls - so any group added to the program has the same policy controls applied

• CameronGo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the latter statement the most. What I really want is to be able to create a single Quarterly Access Review and have it apply to all of the Groups I select and automate the whole process from one scheduled routine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base