How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

SSPR - Allow user unlock from the windows 10 logon screen.

You recently implemented the password reset from the Windows 10 logon screen. However, the possibility of unlocking the user when they remembered the password was lacking.

I remember that this functionality already exists through the MIM or Azure reset link.

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcone Soares Moreira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reset password is somewhat useless unless the ability to unlock is added. Why can't you guys just point the Windows 10 reset password link to go to aka.ms/sspr (../passwordreset)? Seems pretty simple.

• Som Chatterjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bump the priority on this. Most people remember their passwords and provide m them the ability to unlock it directly from the Login Screen would remove our block to roll out this feature.

• Clinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Without it the SSPR service is not a full service.

• Rory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the last piece that is preventing a full self service user experience in regards to account management. This is very much needed

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bump the priority on this, you have the capability from passwordreset.microsoftonline.com, hopefully you can just integrate this into the experience?

• Heine Lysemose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would lift the burden from IT support... most people remember their password and giving them the option directly from the Login Screen would remove our block to rollout this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would second this request. Just about to migrate from FIM to MIM and rather than update our existing FIM SSPR Portal we looked to migrate to Azure AD SSPR. All looked good apart from the fact you can't unlock an account from the Windows 10 reset password option. You can with the https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com portal however not very good asking users to visit that site on a phone to unlock their account when a better fit would be to use the "reset password" option within Windows 10 and choose "I know my password but need to unlock my account" option instead of resetting my password. In my experience users hate resetting passwords unless they are forced to. So in the case where the user knows their password but locks their account (for whatever reason) they will call the Service Desk to unlock rather than use the reset password option. It would be a big plus if the Windows 10 reset password option can mimic the same functionality in MIM SSPR add-in where you can reset/unlock or just unlock.

Feedback and Knowledge Base