How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Pre-Provision MFA "StrongAuthenticationUserDetails" via PowerShell?

We have over 12,000 users we need to provision for MFA.

I know we can enable MFA via PowerShell, but there doesn't seem to be a way to update the "StrongAuthenticationUserDetails" attribute (Alt. Phone, Email, etc.) programmatically.

This is turning out to be a huge pain for us. Does anyone have a timeline for when we'll be able to do this?

67 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes, please. We're looking to do this for all of our users going forward, and not being able to do so in automation will be... well, not doable.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see some traction on this. We want to pre-populate the "StrongAuthenticationUserDetails" via powershell to alleviate the users to validate the phone number. We already have their phone number in local systems. We can edit these fields via Azure gui/portal, why can't the permissions be set so we can do the same via powershell?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any ETA on this feature? I can create the object in Powershell but I'm unable write/apply it to the Azure user.

• jyoti prasad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make this feature available soon as there are many users requesting to update the contact details for a batch of users .
    Patiently waiting for this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have over 200 000 users in our tenant, we need to clear all "StrongAuthenticationUserDetails"

• MickiW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need powershell/ ADSYNC engine to populate info directly into this attributes StrongAuthenticationUserD

• Tre`Von McKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us know if there are any updates to share or an estimated timeline. This has a huge impact on our decision to select a new Identity Management solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base