How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

All Powershell/BASH/script Azure AD join

For converting BOYD to Azure AD in the field w/o user intervention, we need a way for elevated accounts to be able to perform an Azure AD join of devices via script.... come on, this is the basics...

Think of it as MDM self-enrollment... if not that, then give us a one-click way for users to self-enroll the device.

65 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

M.B. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. There are several ways to do Azure AD join (OOBE, bulk enrollment and Autopilot) which provide a richer experience to join devices to Azure AD. We’re continuously working to enhance those, so currently this is unplanned for the near future. Please continue to vote to help us prioritize

Ravi

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Mikey Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a PowerShell command for this, how could you guys even ship Azure AD without a command for domain joining??? Bulk enrollment isn't feasible because you have to create a crazy package for each domain with a specialized (and very buggy) GUI based tool (and even then the packages don't always work). -- Currently, in the field, to perform this process we're automating Windows UI clicks with a testing framework, and it's extremely annoying.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One ******* wrong answer by a user and I get ****** with this problem from across the country

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't we have a single powershell command to join device to Azure AD.

• Jesse Hester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that it's almost 2019 and it's still not possible to join an already-provisioned device to AAD with no user interaction necessary. I have to believe that either (a) the process used to join the device is so hacky that it can't feasibly be exposed via an API, or (b) giving administrators this ability doesn't align with Microsoft's business model for some reason.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will give al my votes for this one. There really should be a powershell option for Azure AD Join!!

• Nicu Berger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should defently be a way to make an Azure AD join using Powershell. For example, an SCCM OSD task sequence could be created in which the client is taken directly into the Azure AD.

Feedback and Knowledge Base