How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

PIM to work correctly with the Exchange Admin role

PIM role activation is not working correctly with Exchange Admin. If an Exchange Admin role assignment is set to eligible, activation can take longer than the desired activation period (in this case it was 1 hour). Consequently, all our Exchange Admin assignments are set to 'permanent' making PIM obsolete for this role.
Please ensure that all roles that are managed by PIM work correctly. I raised this issue in January and I was informed that the product team were made aware.

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David WIlson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We started a eval of PIM a few weeks ago and having this issue as per October 2018.

We have a case in support but we are not getting any good help. This is a huge issue for me to get PIM in production. My boss does not want to spend money on upgraded licenses for something that not yet work properly.

• Mattias Frykstrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on whether this is resolved or not? PIM for Exchange takes 1-2 hours before it works in ECP. It works in the shell after 5-10 minutes.

• Marcel Snieder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today (about a year later) this issue still seems to exist. When can we expect a solution so PIM can be used without delays after activation for every administrator role?

• Peter Selch Dahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During Microsoft Ignite Mark Wahl and Joseph Dadzie mentioned that they where working with the Office team to improve this experience.

Feedback and Knowledge Base